Version 126.96.36.199 is the first release after version 188.8.131.52 that has been made generally available. It contains many exciting new features and a number of bug fixes. Before upgrading, please read the Upgrade Compatibility Alerts for each version.
Note that some of the features highlighted below are only available in the Enterprise Extensions. See here for full details of what is included only in the Enterprise Extensions.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Integration with the Zucchetti AI service.
- Batch job to send marketing email to customers based on the Product Recommendations made by the AI service.
- Added a Bank Transfer payment module.
- Future Catalogs: Functionality added to allow the definition of catalog prices to be applied at future dates.
- Added new functionality to the Coupons panel in the Admin App. The coupon id is now visible and can be used for searching and sorting. There is a warning if multiple coupons exist with the same coupon code.
- Only add stores to the Admin Console store droplists if the store is enabled and not deleted.
- Added files required to install KonaKart as a Service in Windows.
- Added an API call to KKEng to return all Miscellaneous items by type.
- Added functionality to the product discount promotion when working in non cumulative mode. Now the final discount (when multiple promotions are eligible) can be calculated on a product by product basis rather than just picking the promotion that gives the biggest discount.
- New Admin Console function to set a Customer Password.
- When downloading PDF invoice files from the Admin App via the “View PDF” command the appropriate filename is used as the default for the download filename rather than “getPdf” or “displayFile”.
- Added storeUrl to the default Velocity Context for use in Email templates.
- Enhanced the email interfaces to allow the specification of multiple TO and CC addresses.
- New configuration option to define that the passwords for a certain set of admin users will never expire. See konakart.password.neverExpireUsers in konakartadmin.properties. This can be useful for certain admin users (such as admin users used for running batch jobs).
- New configuration setting (kk_panel_promotions.show_only_installed_modules in konakartadmin_gwt.properties) to only show the installed promotion modules on the promotions panel.
- New configuration setting (kk_panel_customers.restrict_non_super_admins in konakartadmin_gwt.properties) to restrict the operations allowed by Admin Users who are Not Super-Users.
- Admin Console modified to make to make it clearer which are the menu categories and which are the sub menu items. Also a change to identify the last selected menu item. The styles can be modified in the KonakartAdmin.css file as required (For the selected sub-menu change “kk-sub-menu-selected”).
- Added a new ANT parameter (“EAP71”) to produce KonaKart deployments for JBoss EAP 7.1. Documentation updated to reflect the support of new versions of JBoss and Wildfly.
- Added customer locale to the edit customer panel in the Admin App.
- Added functionality to the Admin App to allow the sorting of tag groups when associating tag groups with a category.
- Set the default style of the font-family to monospace in the log viewing panles of the Admin Console. This CSS setting can be modified by changing the .kk-log-text-view element in KonakartAdmin.css
- The getFiles() Admin API call now returns an array of files ordered by lastModified date. The most-recently modified file is the first element.
- The files displayed in the Admin Console on the various “View Logs” panels are now ordered by lastModified date. The default is to have the most-recently modified file at the top of the list. This ordering can be reversed by setting “fbc.kk_panel_view_logs.sort_order = lastModifiedAtBottom” in konakartadmin_gwt.properties.
- Customisation point added to allow the modification of the HTML created by the Velocity templates before it is converted to PDF. See modifyHtml on the AdminPdfMgrIf.
- Maven build improvements but note some side-effects in the backwards-compatibility section below.
- Columns that were used in Indexes that were 255 characters or more were reduced for new installations to avoid the problems with keys over 767 characters when using utf8mb4 encoding in MySQL.
- ERP Integration – Send an Update Object message whenever a non primary address is added / modified / deleted.
- Added an attribute to order totals to store the tax rate used by shipping modules.
- Added SSO using Google Sign-In since Google Plus is no longer supported.
- Added support for the “string(min,max)” setFun to allow you to specify a min and a max length for configuration variables.
- Modified GiftCertificate promotion module so that multiple gift certificates can be entered for the same promotion and receive multiple discounts.
- Added an UpdateProductPrices message to ERP Integration.
- Cache instances of classes used in the execute API call for improved performance.
- Added a STARTUP_CATALOG_KEY configuration variable to define a catalog used by the storefront application at startup.
- For WOND installations an image caching mechanism has been introduced which adds a checksum to image filenames and stores metadata on the images in the new product_image_crc database column of the products table. The purpose is to improve the performance of Apps and webapps that access the images that were obtained from WOND.
- Added a new API call to KKEng – getAllProductRelationships() to receive all product relationships in a single call.
- Functionality allowing the configuration of which file types are permitted to be uploaded in the Admin Console. In konakartadmin_gwt.properties for image uploads define “fbc.allowed.image.types” (default is JPG JPEG GIF PNG) and for digital download types define “fbc.allowed.dig.download.types” (default is PDF JPG JPEG GIF PNG).
- The set_function for configuration variables called “tep_cfg_pull_down_order_statuses(” has been deprecated and replaced with the more logical “OrderStatuses”.
- Introduced TwelveMonkeys ImageIO plugins (version 3.4) to improve the quality of image procesing.
- Added functionality to allow a B2B Admin User to login to the storefront application as one of the users he manages.
- Added French Zones (Metropolitan Departments from ISO-3166:FR) to the initial configuration.
- Modified action class SuggestedSearch.java to remove duplicate products before returning them. Duplicate products can occur when a product exists under more categories.
- In Engine Mode 1 the Torque validationQuery for store2 was incorrectly defined for Oracle by the installer.
- Problem fixed with uploading content images with file names that were not POSIX compliant portable filenames. File names that contain a..z A..Z 0-9 – _ or . are used as they are but all others are replaced with generated POSIX compliant portable filenames.
- HTML Escaper was only being created on the first instantiation of KKEng. Subsequent instances contained a null value for htmlEscaper
- The KKEng API call editCustomerAddress() was not verifying that the address in the database actually belonged to the customer identified by the session id.
- Problem fixed on the Email Customer dialogue that prevented the entry of a carriage return as part of the message text.
- Stop the autocomplete/autofill features of browsers filling in username and password fields inside the Admin Console.
- When a product had custom attributes belonging to two or more templates and one of the templates was removed using the Admin App, the custom attributes for that template weren’t being deleted.
- getOrders fixed to return the correct total number of orders.
- getOrdersLite fixed to return the correct total number of orders if in multi-vendor mode and parentId specified.
- When the name of a customer tag was modified, this wasn’t being propagated to the customer to tag records.
- Under some circumstances the Admin App editor wasn’t allowing you to save changes when editing files like email templates and reports.
- Added ability to customise validation lengths for attributes in zone panel of the Admin App.
Backwards Compatibility Alert
- Maven build improvements but some side-effects to be aware of: FedTaxApi.jar now given a version number, in this version it’s FedTaxApi-184.108.40.206.jar, iText-2.0.8.jar renamed to itext-2.0.8.jar (now in lower case), antlr-2.7.5.jar replaced with antlr-2.7.2.jar and PDFBox-0.7.3.jar replaced with pdfbox-0.7.3.jar (now in lower case) .
- Authorize.Net payment module removed because it was using Gateway APIs that were no longer supported.