Version 18.104.22.168 is the first release after version 22.214.171.124 that has been made generally available. It contains many exciting new features and a number of bug fixes. Before upgrading, please read the Upgrade Compatibility Alerts for each version.
Note that some of the features highlighted below are only available in the Enterprise Extensions. See here for full details of what is included only in the Enterprise Extensions.
- The storefront now uses a responsive design to optimally adapt to mobile devices with different screen resolutions.
- Now possible to define the order of the sections in the Admin Application using File-Based Configuration
- Options for defining Admin user password validity and expiry period.
- Generated passwords now have a mixture of lower case, upper case, numeric and special characters
- When creating a new customer in the Administration Application the chosen password must now conform to the password validity rules defined for the site.
- Current password is now required to modify the email address using the storefront application.
- Now possible to assign the same admin role to the same user in different stores. Previously it was necessary to have separate roles per store to define this.
- Upgraded to ANT 1.9.3
- Upgraded to GWT 2.6.0
- Added the option to add “Other” gender in addition to Male and Female. Default is to show just Male and Female but you can set the ENABLE_OTHER_GENDER configuration parameter in the Admin Application if you wish to enable “Other” gender.
- Added validation support to droplist and radio button template based custom product attributes. Allows you to default to an invalid value in order to force a selection.
- Added Authorize Direct Post Method (DPM) to simplify PCI compliance. When using this payment method, the credit card details never enter your servers.
- Added Authorize Payment Tokenization (CIM) to simplify PCI compliance. CIM allows a customer to store and manage his credit cards without these cards ever entering your servers. During checkout a customer may decide to pay using a stored card (CIM) or by entering card details using the Direct Post Method (DPM).
- Added new attributes to the customer object to store various tax-related attributes and reference ids used to look up the customer in external systems.
- Added Paymetric Payment Gateway
- Added Thomson Reuters Tax Order Total Module
- Log into the Admin App by entering username and password then hitting ENTER key – no longer necessary to click on the Login button.
- Added getRMACode() method to the OrderIntegrationMgr where it can be modified to add your own algorithm for creating an RMA code. The output of this method is used to automatically populate the RMA code field in the Admin App when inserting a new Returns object.
- Added a new “User Defined” panel to the Administration Application that allows you to display custom configuration parameters. Any configuration parameters added to configuration group number 31 will appear on the User Defined panel. Enterprise Only.
- Added support for Customer.firstName, Customer.lastName, Address.firstName and Address.lastName in Custom Validation allowing the definition of the validation rules for these attributes.
- Added a new KKEng API call to validate the password of a logged in user.
- Added new KKEng API calls to retrieve coupons based on coupon code and coupon id and to retrieve the promotions associated with a coupon.
- AdminCategory objects now populated with their lastAdded attribute from getCategory calls.
- On the Customer Communications Panel of the Administration Application the “All Customers” emailing option will now either send email to all visible customers or all visible registered customers depending on whether the “Only Registered Customers” checkbox is checked.
- WSDL files (for the storefront service and the admin service) provided with meaningful parameter names (rather than in0, in1 etc).
- Upgraded to Apache Tomcat 7.0.54.
- Java 8 runtime support added. Java 6, Java 7 and Java 8 are all supported.
- Added a new Interceptor class (NoCache) to the storefront application’s Struts configuration to expire pages so that they aren’t visible by using the browser’s back button. This is a security / privacy measure.
- From the Administration Application, Manufacturer images are uploaded by default to the concatenation of the image base path (a configuration variable), the defined “manufacturer” image directory (defined in File-based configuration) and the source filename. Sample manufacturer images have been restored to the default set-up as examples.
- The deleteManufacturer KKAdminIf API call now removes the Manufacturer’s image file from disk if it exists.
- New KKAdminIf API calls – addImage and removeImage. addImage allows you to add an image to a product or a manufacturer in a standard fashion so that you can view it in the Administration Application.
- Added functionality to the Admin App to enable you to remove product prices and quantities from a catalog.
- Modified the Coupons panel in the Admin App so that after editing a coupon it remains selected.
- Enhanced the functionality for creating data entry widgets for configuring promotions. You can now define a rich text editor and add validation to the widget definitions.
- Modified the Admin API call editOrder() to include the OrderProduct custom fields.
- Modified the Admin App popup window to select categories for promotion rules. The categories are now displayed in a collapsible tree view.
- Added a new report – OrdersInLast25DaysChart to replace the OrdersInLast30DaysChart report which reported orders in the previous month inaccurately. The earlier version is retained but its use is deprecated.
- GeoZone checking for shipping and payment modules was not working correctly for GeoZones mapped to a country when that country had no defined zones.
- The payment method drop list was not being updated on changes to the billing address on the checkout screen.
- Some source files deployed under the custom directory were mistakenly placed in two directories which could have led to incorrect versions being built into jars. This has been fixed so that no duplicates are now deployed.
- The number of logons and the last logon time was not being populated on the customer object when returned using the storefront server eCommerce engine.
- When in mode that allows checkout without registration, the password entry fields would disappear after changing country when attempting to register.
- Fix to struts.xml to prevent CVE-2014-0094 vulnerability.
- Added security enhancement to the storefront application to prevent XSRF attacks. Thanks to Christian Schneider for reporting the issue.
- Modified TotalDiscount, BuyXGetYFree and ShippingDiscount to deduct tax after applying the discounts.
- The customer group was being reset by the storefront application whenever a customer updated his details.
- Certain product search-related queries were not being logged when the DB Logging flag was set to INFO. The logging of these queries have now been added. (The log4j log flag to set to log the SQL is log4j.logger.com.konakart.db = INFO).
- When returning an array of reviews, the application engine was not calculating the average review score properly whenever an offset was set in the DataDescriptor parameter.
- A Solr search no longer returns products that do not have catalog prices or quantities defined. This matches the search results when Solr isn’t enabled. Note that suggested search returns all enabled products.
- KKAppEng start-up was not looking up alternative property filenames via the customisable PropertyFileNames class.
- Fixes problem with uploading Digital Download files in the Admin App.
- Under certain conditions the Admin Application About box was reporting the wrong version number of the Admin Engine being used.
- The Admin API call getSubscriptions() was not filtering correctly when using the lastBillingDate filter.
Backwards Compatibility Alert
- A number of classes have been moved from the konakart.jar to the konakart_custom.jar. This has been done to make it much easier to customise these classes and re-generate the konakart_custom.jar by using the standard ANT build in the custom directory. The classes that have been moved are:
- Publish Products and Google Shopping functionality has been removed due to the demise of
Google Base then Google Shopping.
- Modified the Admin API call editOrder() to include the OrderProduct custom fields.
This change should be backwards compatible but it’s good to be aware of it.
- The mobile storefront is no longer included in the download package since the
storefront now has a responsive design.