Released on 8-Aug-2013 Version 184.108.40.206 is the first release after version 220.127.116.11 that has been made generally available. It contains many exciting new features and a number of bug fixes. A number of Versions between 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 have been available for supported customers and so the following lists show the changes for each version separately. Before upgrading, please read the Upgrade Compatibility Alerts for each version.
Note that some of the features highlighted below are only available in the Enterprise Extensions. See here for full details of what is included only in the Enterprise Extensions.
- Multi-Vendor functionality allowing vendors to manage their own products and orders and customers to buy products from multiple vendors in a single order.
- New panel in the Admin App allowing you to maintain your store’s Velocity Templates.
- New functionality allowing you to associate stores with addresses.
- Add vertical scrollbars to panels when there is a large number of data rows to display (such as in View Logs, Importer, Templates panels etc).
- A number of template changes to modify the output according to the setting of the “DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX” configuration variable.
- Significant improvements in performance for the import messages API call.
- Ability to configure personal preferences in the Admin App (eg. to define the number of products returned in each group on the Products Panel).
- Additions to the Data Integrity Checker to include checks for Product, Category and Manufacturer data.
- Made AdminStoreIntegrationMgr.java available in the custom directory to make it easier to add and build custom functionality when new stores are created in a multi-store environment.
- Increased the maximum number of Payment Schedule objects visible in the drop lists in the EditProduct and Subscription panels from 100 to 1000.
- Upgraded to BIRT 4.3.0
- Added a new option to the FetchProductOptions object in the Application API to programmably allow returned products to be populated with tags. Normally for performance reasons they are only populated when retrieving a single product.
- More flexibility in uploading images in different formats in the Administration Application. See FBC (File-Based Configuration for details).
- Added section to storefront application to prompt customer to accept cookies.
- The storefront application can now be configured to force a customer to login in order to use it.
- Various configuration parameters were not set corrected when using the silent installation and specifying a target installation directory containing a “~” on Windows.
- Allow the saving of Manufacturer details after a new language has been added in the Admin Application.
- Customers/Products/Categories shared attributes not being set properly by the installer for the konakart-m webappp.
- Added a “–None–” option for tax class droplists in the Admin App to accurately reflect the status of the tax class.
- Shipping wasn’t being recalculated when the delivery address was changed from the order confirmation page.
- Some security improvements in the storefront application.
- Modified storefront and mobile storefront applications to avoid (in some cases) the SEO modified URL from continually growing in size rather than being reset to display only the current relevant SEO data.
- Modified Solr product loading code to not throw an exception if a product description exists for a language that has been deleted.
Backwards Compatibility Alert
- AdminStoreIntegrationMgrInterface.java has been moved to the blif directory. If you have created your own AdminStoreIntegrationMgr.java class you need to change it to implement:
com.konakartadmin.blif.AdminStoreIntegrationMgrInterface instead of:
Version 126.96.36.199 – Released 12-Jun-2013
- CKEditor 4.1 integrated in the Enterprise version of the Admin Application. This provides an alternative to the Plain Text and the Rich Text Editors.
- Added new functionality that allows a product to be associated with multiple custom attribute templates. This helps the re-use of templates between different product
- Added new method getBundlesThatProductBelongsTo() to return an array of bundles plus bundled products for any product passed in as a parameter. Allows you to determine (and fetch) the bundles that contain a specified product.
- Added a sitemap generation batch (EE only) that will generate an XML sitemap to inform search engines about pages that are available for crawling. The sitemap files include links to all products, categories and static pages.
- Added a new Importer Panel for custom import routines. See User Guide for details.
- Added a new Reset Database tool to clear out all non-essential data (for example to remove all the sample product data). Use with care!. The Reset Database option on the Tools menu of the Admin App can be replaced by any custom Tool that you wish to configure it its place. See User Guide for details.
- Aligned the Configuration variables between the sample “store2″ store and “store1″. (Display the Configuration variables in the same panels in each store).
- Fixed a storefront bug in Internet Explorer. When a product was added to the cart a second time from the product details screen, it wasn’t working because IE wasn’t sending the AJAX command since it had cached the original result.
- Price slider and price facets were not displaying the price correctly when KonaKart was configured to display product prices including tax.
- Order total in order confirmation screen was not being displayed in the correct currency when not using the default currency.
Backwards Compatibility Alert
Version 188.8.131.52 – Released 4-May-2013
- Storefront application for mobile devices. The storefront has been designed for customers using mobile phones and tablet computers. It allows you to access all of the functionality using touch rather than by use of the mouse.
- Now possible to create a portlet for Liferay based on the new Struts-2 version.
- Allow case insensitive searches on a selection of fields on customer and product from the Admin Application and by using the KKAdminIf API. This is useful if you’re using a database like PostgreSQL, Oracle or DB2 which by default use case sensitive searches. For the Admin App the field-by-field behaviour can be configured using File-Based Configuration (Enterprise Only).
- Using role-based configuration it is now possible to make the “custom” button on the customers panel invisible for certain users but visible for others.
- New Scheduler panel in the Administration Application for monitoring and executing Batch jobs defined for the system. A number of new Admin APIs have been added to support this feature and also provide programmatic access to the batch jobs.
- Upgrade to Struts 2.3.8
- Upgrade to Quartz 2.1.7
- Added two extra custom fields to custom attribute descriptors.
- Upgraded the Admin Application to use Google Web Toolkit 2.5.1
- Added userId to the Audit panel to make it easier to find out which user was responsible for each change. User name and User email also added to the detail section for each audit record display.
- Integration of USPS address validation (Enterprise Only) and framework for adding other address validation services.
- Added 6 new custom fields to the products_description table. This allows access to more language-specific custom fields for more flexibility. These can be edited in the KonaKart Administration Application on the Edit Product Panel.
- Added transient customObj attributes to CustomerIf and ProductIf for use in holding custom objects on these key KonaKart objects. Note that these are transient objects and will not take part in standard KonaKart API operations. A typical use would be to populate these custom object attributes after the Product or Customer has been returned from a KonaKart API (this could be in a custom engine where you have created your own getProduct() or getCustomer() calls for example).
- Added mechanism to validate that all required order total objects are present before allowing checkout. It is mainly important for tax and shipping modules that interface with an external service which may be down.
- Added the ability to tail logs from the Admin App.
- Not picking up all of the access rights correctly on the Customers for Orders panel of the Admin App. This affected control over the reviews button and to allow the return of invisible customers.
- Fixed a storefront bug that was not allowing customers to register when in the mode that allows customers to checkout without registration.
- Race conditions at startup of the Admin App caused the image upload servlet URL definition not to be initialised in time for its use. This has been fixed so that the definition of the image upload servlet URL should always be initialised properly before use.
- Filtering search results by price in the storefront application was only working correctly when using the default currency.
- Added missing classes into konakartadmin_gwt.jar to enable logging at the DEBUG level. The missing classes were used in certain debug statements when the debug level was set to DEBUG on log4j.logger.com.konakartadmin.server.
- Fixed a bug that prevented sendOrderConfirmationEmail1 from sending emails with invoices attached
- Fixed a bug when in multi store shared products mode. When a product was removed from a store but not deleted, the product count per manufacturer was still considering the removed product in the count.
This bug was only visible in the storefront when not using Solr. This bug was manifested when calling the engine API calls : getManufacturersPerCategory() and getManufacturers();
Backwards Compatibility Alert
- Definitions in AdminSearchRules.properties have been moved to the konakartadmin_gwt.properties file and are now pre-fixed by “sr.”. The original AdminSearchRules.properties file has been removed.
- If you used the getPdf(eng.getEngConf(), options) call on the AdminEngineMgrIf the template name used (when the options type was set to KKConstants.HTML_NAMED_TEMPLATE) was retrieved from options.getCustom1(). From version 184.108.40.206 the named template will be retrieved from the options.getTemplateName() attribute.