Release notes for KonaKart v 22.214.171.124
- v126.96.36.199 is a minor public release containing a fix to the installers to allow automatic detection of a java 7 JRE and a fix for the deployment of a duplicate custom source file (The java source file “*\KonaKart\custom\modules\src\com\konakart\bl\modules\shipping\BaseShippingModule.java” was deployed to two places so you can delete this one and leave the one in “*\KonaKart\custom\appn\src\com\konakart\bl\modules\shipping\BaseShippingModule.java”
- No database upgrade scripts are required. The 188.8.131.52 version of KonaKart is compatible with the 184.108.40.206 database.
- No compatibility alerts; No special actions required.
Release notes for KonaKart v 220.127.116.11
- v18.104.22.168 is a major public release that contains many new features and bug fixes.
- When upgrading from version 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199, ensure that you run all the following upgrade database script:
- Compatibility alerts:
- The sort order of product options such as size and color is now determined by a sort order attribute which is set automatically by the admin app when the product is saved. Until this attribute has been set correctly, the sort order may not be the same as it was in the previous version of KonaKart.
- With the upgrade to Torque 4 there are a number of database-related changes to be aware of. See the “Upgrade to Torque 4″ section in the User Guide.
Release notes for KonaKart v 188.8.131.52
- v184.108.40.206 is a minor public release containing only a Struts Security update.
- No database upgrade scripts are required. The 220.127.116.11 version of KonaKart is compatible with the 18.104.22.168 database.
- No compatibility alerts; No special actions required.
Release notes for KonaKart v 22.214.171.124
- v126.96.36.199 is a minor public release with just a few new features and bug fixes.
- When upgrading from version 188.8.131.52, ensure that you run all the following upgrade database script (which just sets the new version number):
- No compatibility alerts; No special actions required.
Release notes for KonaKart v 184.108.40.206
- v220.127.116.11 is a major public release that contains many new features and bug fixes.
- When upgrading from version 18.104.22.168, ensure that you run all the following upgrade database scripts:
- AdminStoreIntegrationMgrInterface.java has been moved to the blif directory. If you have created your own AdminStoreIntegrationMgr.java class you need to change it to implement:
com.konakartadmin.blif.AdminStoreIntegrationMgrInterface instead of:
- Definitions in AdminSearchRules.properties have been moved to the konakartadmin_gwt.properties file and are now pre-fixed by “sr.”. The original AdminSearchRules.properties file has been removed.
- If you used the getPdf(eng.getEngConf(), options) call on the AdminEngineMgrIf the template name used (when the options type was set to KKConstants.HTML_NAMED_TEMPLATE) was retrieved from options.getCustom1(). From version 22.214.171.124 the named template will be retrieved from the options.getTemplateName() attribute.
Release notes for KonaKart v 126.96.36.199
- v188.8.131.52 is a minor maintenance release of v184.108.40.206 that fixes a few small UI problems and provides support for the recently-released MySQL v220.127.116.11.
- When upgrading from version 18.104.22.168, you should consider running the following optional upgrade database script: (in this case this is really only relevant for MySQL users who wish to upgrade to MySQL 22.214.171.124 or higher):
Release notes for KonaKart v 126.96.36.199
- v188.8.131.52 introduces the new Struts 2 based storefront. By default the standard installer (and its Enterprise partner) will install the new Struts 2 based storefront. So, for new installations, if you wish to install the 184.108.40.206 version of the Struts 1 based storefront you will need to first install the standard Struts 2 based storefront, then you must run the Struts 1 installer and its Enterprise partner if applicable). For upgrade installations where you wish to keep your previous version’s Struts 1 based storefront the recommended approach is to:
- Save your existing store front application somewhere safe before you start
- uninstall KonaKart
- Install all of the following in the same location over the top of each other:
- Using the standard installer, install the new Struts 2 based storefront (but do not update the database using the installer)
- If you’re using the Enterprise version, install the standard Enterprise version of the Struts 2 based storefront (again do not update the database using the installer)
- Install the Struts 1 based storefront (again do not update the database using the installer).
- If you’re using the Enterprise version, install the Enterprise version of the Struts 1 based storefront installer (again do not update the database using the installer)
- Execute the upgrade SQL scripts for your database type for every release from the one you started with to the latest. Run these one at a time in sequence.
- Move your previous Struts 1 based storefront code back into the konakart webapp
- The API call getManufacturersPerCategory() now returns manufacturers for products of the selected category and all of its children. The new getManufacturers() API call may be used to return the manufacturers for only the selected category.
- When upgrading from version 220.127.116.11, ensure that you run all the following upgrade database scripts:
Release notes for KonaKart v 18.104.22.168
- The JSON Server has become an Enterprise-Only feature and the JSON APIs are now “switched off” after a default installation. The user guide contains instructions explaining how to enable them.
- Configuration parameters now have a new “return_by_api” attribute. To return the value of a configuration parameter through the storefront API (KKEngIf) you need to set the return_by_api column to 1 (true). By default the return_by_api value will be 0 (false). Therefore, you will need to set these values to 1 (true) if you need to access them using the various getConfiguration() API calls on the storefront API (KKEngIf). The database upgrade scripts for the 22.214.171.124 release set the “return_by_api” attribute to 1 (true) for all configuration parameters in a defined set of configuration groups (see upgrade scripts for details) which in the default installation are required by the storefront to function correctly. You should review the configuration parameters that are returned by the APIs for suitability in your system. The Admin App has been modified to allow you to set the “return_by_api” setting for each configuration parameter. It is recommended to set “return_by_api” to 0 (false) wherever possible to maximize performance, minimize memory usage and tighten security.
- The editConfiguration() API call on KKEngIf has been deprecated but has also been modified to return a KKException in all cases. You should use the Administration APIs (defined in KKAdminIf) to modify configuration parameters.
- When upgrading from version 126.96.36.199, ensure that you run all the following upgrade database scripts:
Release notes for KonaKart v 188.8.131.52
- With the introduction of Tomcat 7 there is now a requirement to use a minimum java version of 1.6 (previously KonaKart supported Java 1.5 and above).
- The JSON APIs are now “switched on” after a default installation. The web.xml file of the konakart webapp must be edited in order to disable them.
- When upgrading from version 184.108.40.206, ensure that you run all the following upgrade database scripts:
Release notes for KonaKart v 220.127.116.11
Release notes for KonaKart v 18.104.22.168
- This is a is a bug fix release for Version 22.214.171.124. It requires no database changes. A bug has been fixed which didn’t allow new customers to register when using the GWT one page checkout code in the store-front application.
Release notes for KonaKart v 126.96.36.199
- When upgrading from version 188.8.131.52, ensure that you run all the following upgrade database scripts:
Release notes for KonaKart v 184.108.40.206
- When upgrading from version 220.127.116.11, ensure that you run both upgrade database scripts: upgrade_18.104.22.168_to_22.214.171.124.sql and upgrade_126.96.36.199_to_188.8.131.52.sql.
- By default KonaKart is now configured to use these ports in Tomcat’s server.xml file:
Port Old New Detail Server 8005 8785 Change to avoid clash with default tomcat port HTTP Connector 8780 8780 No change HTTPS Connector 8443 8783 Change to avoid clash with default tomcat port AJP Connector 8789 8789 No change
- Note that the upgrade script modifies the HTTPS port configuration variable (called ‘SSL_PORT_NUMBER’) in the configuration table if and only if it is currently set to 8443 otherwise it remains unchanged. Also, the upgrade script modifies the ADMIN_APP_LOGIN_BASE_URL configuration variable in the configuration table to use the new HTTPS port but only if the value is currently the default which is ‘https://localhost:8443/konakart/AdminLoginSubmit.do’
Release notes for KonaKart v 184.108.40.206
- The velocity templates are no longer stored directly under the WEB-INF/classes directory. They are now stored under the installation home directory in a /templates/store_id/ directory structure where store_id is the id of the store and defaults to store1 in a single store environment. It is possible to move these to any other location so long as you update the TEMPLATE_BASE_DIRECTORY to point at the new location.
- In addition to moving the velocity templates, they are all (those from the konakart and konakartadmin webapps) now grouped together in the same location. This resulted in a conflict of names where the EmailNewPassword_en.vm existed in both the konakart and the konakartadmin webapps. Therefore the one from konakartadmin has been renamed to be EmailNewPasswordAdmin_en.
Release notes for KonaKart v 220.127.116.11
- This is a patch release to fix a minor problem with links in the Admin App
Release notes for KonaKart v 18.104.22.168
- The application and admin application method getSpecialsPerCategory() has been given an extra attribute in order to search or not search within sub categories.
- The PaymentInfo object no longer contains a Secret Key attribute. The method to generate a secret key is now called directly from the payment module when required.
Release notes for KonaKart v 22.214.171.124
- The application API call getProductQuantity(String encodedProductId) now returns a ProductQuantityIf object rather than an int. The reason is to return the Date Available as well as the quantity.
Release notes for KonaKart v 126.96.36.199
- KonaKart engines have new constructors to cater for multi-store functionality. In some cases the old constructors have been deprecated.
- SetConfigurationValue() in the Admin API has changed. This now requires an extra parameter. The extra parameter is the session Id. This has been modified to ensure that changes to configuration values are only made by callers with a valid sessionId. (SessionIds are returned from successful logins).
- For security reasons, the default installation of KonaKart disables the web service interfaces. Look at the on line documentation for instructions on how to enable these interfaces.
Release notes for KonaKart v 188.8.131.52
- The database upgrade script sets customers’ customers_type to 0 where the customers_type is null. This indicates that the customer is a normal customer more explicitly.
- Previously there were two Application API calls called “getPaymentDetails” (they were overloaded with different parameters). We have changed the name of one of these calls to getPaymentDetailsPerOrder to avoid having any overloading in the APIs. Therefore, if you used:
public PaymentDetailsIf getPaymentDetails(String sessionId, String moduleCode,
OrderIf order, String hostAndPort, int languageId) throws KKException
you should change the name of the call to:
Release notes for KonaKart v 184.108.40.206
The following deprecated features have been removed:
- Method – com.konakart.al.CategoryMgr.setCurrentCatAndUpdateProducts(int catId)
- Tile – CategoriesTile.jsp
- Action – com.konakart.actions.SelectCategoryAction()
They have been replaced with:
- Method – com.konakart.al.CategoryMgr.setCurrentCatAndUpdateProducts1(int catId)
- Tile – CategoriesTile1.jsp
- Action – com.konakart.actions.SelectCategoryAction1()
Release notes for KonaKart v 220.127.116.11
As far as we aware, 18.104.22.168 does not contain any modifications that could result in compatibility issues from the previous release. The download package has increased in size since the GWT one page checkout code and build file is now included, rather than it being a separate download.