• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Broken GUI installer on Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit?

Started by rvanderwerf, April 15, 2010, 05:00:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rvanderwerf

Hi, I am evaluating this app to see if it might work at our company in place of a larger open source more complicated system, which the non-techies are not so fond of the admin interface.

When I try to run the installer on Ubuntu 9.10, 64 bit, I get no gui installer and instead get this:

rvanderwerf@rvanderwerf-laptop:~/Downloads$ ./KonaKart-4.2.0.1-Linux-Install

This will install KonaKart on your computer.  Continue? [n/Y] Y

This will install KonaKart on your computer.  Continue? [n/Y] Y

Where do you want to install KonaKart? [/home/rvanderwerf/konakart]

It seems to just copy the files, and there are no DB config questions or anything, and I'm left with a broken app with no db config. Is there a way to make the installer wizard work? Or do I have to manually configure everything?

Thanks,

Ryan

greg

Hi Ryan,

I install on Ubuntu many times a day but it's a 32' version.  Maybe this is the problem. 

For now..  have you tried the silent mode where you add all necessary parameters on the command line:

Check out the User Guide on this:

http://www.konakart.com/docs/InstallKonaKart.html#SilentMode

Greg

rvanderwerf

I will try that, I was just checking to see if I was doing anything wrong.

Thanks

Ryan

greg

No, you're not doing anything wrong!.

We're planning to build a 64' installer for Linux to get around this problem.

Good luck!
Greg

rvanderwerf

I did try the silent installer using mysql, verified my settings are good (externally), however it finishes but does not create the database or any schema (do I have to create it manually?)

Quote from: greg on April 15, 2010, 05:47:31 pm
Hi Ryan,

I install on Ubuntu many times a day but it's a 32' version.  Maybe this is the problem. 

For now..  have you tried the silent mode where you add all necessary parameters on the command line:

Check out the User Guide on this:

http://www.konakart.com/docs/InstallKonaKart.html#SilentMode

Greg

greg

The installer will first check your database connection is OK then it will create all the tables in the database (that you must create beforehand) and load the sample data.

It should have created a log file to explain what went wrong at the root directory of your installation.  The file should be called DBLoadResult-mysql.log in your case.  Do you have such a file?

You did include the LoadDB=1 command line option didn't you?  The default behaviour is not to load the database (LoadDB=0)

Clearly it's better to get the command line option working but some alternatives are:

• Run the Windows version of the installer on Windows just for the purpose of loading up your database

• Use the zip version of the installation and configure it manually - instructions in the User Guide

• Load 32' libraries on your 64' Ubuntu machine and run the 32' GUI installer on Linux (not certain how this is done, however)
  • Load the database manually by running the konakart_demo.sql script on your database

greg

Just to confirm that from the version 5 release of KonaKart (due out approx May-June 2010) there will be an installer for 64' Linux systems.