• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Multi-store: every store a different price

Started by Ted, November 13, 2009, 10:31:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Hi!

We're trying to achieve in the future to serve a e.g. 20 stores in our multi-store engine mode 2 (products and customers shared) with each a different price for a single product.

By the way it seems implemented there's the main price of a product ("Price Ex Tax") and 3 additional prices ("Price1 Ex Tax, Price2 Ex Tax, Price3 Ex Tax") on the Details tab in konakartadmin. To achieve a different price for a store in the Stores tab for each store with a number (0-3) one of the earlier mentioned prices can be designated for that store.

Would that in essence limit the amount of stores we can have with a different price (in products/customers-shared mode) to 4? There are only 4 hard-wired price fields per product and when set - they differ in behaviour* compared to using the default price.

If that's the case, storing prices in seperate join-table (such as 'products_to_categories' to link products to categories per shop) wouldn't have resulted in more flexibility?

* the documentation states: "If the price Id is set to 0-3, then price 0 to price 3 are used, regardless of the customer group."

trevor

Having an unlimited number of catalogs in a different database table will be available in our next release.

The prices you are referring to were available even before multi store was developed and are mainly used for storing prices such as wholesale, retail, employee etc. 

Ted

Trevor thanks! Now I understand the current setup better.

Is there any roadmap available or release date determined for the next release?

Is there a special place I can submit a feature request - possibly see earlier made feature requests?  E.g. forementioned roadmap?

trevor

There is a section of the forum for feature requests.

Regarding new features, take a look at http://www.konakart.com/product/community-or-enterprise to see what is coming in the next EE release.

jbarb

I' having a problem with my order module. My storefront works fine, myproducts are all represented and when I hit "Add to Cart" it totals and seems to function correctly. But when I hit "Checkout" I get a 404. Do I have to generate the "Submit do" and the rest of the shipping and charges pages or are the checkout and the rest of these shipping modules supposed to be in the KonaKart download. I cannot find them anywhere.
I am running KonaKart 3.2.0.0. If I upgrade to 4.1.0.0 will I get these shipping and order pages and will I lose all the work I have invested in the database and admin app? ???

trevor

Maybe you are using the Google GWT Checkout code ?