• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Cannot load images

Started by iamcp, November 09, 2007, 08:55:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

iamcp

Hello,
Thank you for a wonderful cart to use for us. I have installed Konakart in my machine and I'm trying to upload images for a new product I want to add using konakartadmin package, but konakart is throwing an exception while I tried to do that.

Application complaints about "Empty file specified for upload" but the image file is not empty.

In the image path I give subdirectry/imagename.gif under images directory.

In the select image text box I give the imagename.gif.

In image1 testbox I give some name for description.

Does anyone has any idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance

Here is the error

09-Nov 15:48:01 INFO  (FileUpload.java:processUploadedFile:153) Upload File imgB
asePath = C:/Konakart1/webapps/konakart/images  imgPath = matrox/mg200mms
.gif
java.lang.Exception: Empty file specified for upload
        at com.konakartadmin.servlet.FileUpload.processUploadedFile(FileUpload.j
ava:198)
        at com.konakartadmin.servlet.FileUpload.doPost(FileUpload.java:86)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:252)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:173)

pete

Hi iamcp,

First of all please check that you've read the help on that images page of the admin app - it contains some useful information for loading images.

In image1 you must put the location of the image file that you uploaded not a description (the full file location is "Image base Path" plus the location you specify in this field).

Did you browse for the filename of the new image?  Is there a valid filename in the select file textbox?

Regards - Pete

iamcp

Thank you for the advice, I was able to solve the issue.
But now I have 4 images for a particular product in the Admin app, but when a user tries to view the same product, only one image(first) is visible in the browser . Do i have to enable anything to view all 4 images from the customer side?

Thanks in advance

pete

Hi iamcp,

You have to edit the JSP and add prod.getImage2(), prod.getImage3() etc. where you want to display the other images. The default application that we ship only displays one image.

Regards - Pete

iamcp

I have done it and it worked like a charm, thanks for the post.
iamcp