• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Upload doesn't work

Started by RobinS, October 21, 2008, 02:04:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinS

Hi folks, when I try to upload the standard reports from <Konakart>\webapps\birt-viewer\reports\
there's an alert poping up:
"There has been a problem with the upload :

<pre>
</pre>"

Tomcat prints this message:
"21-Okt 15:01:21 INFO  (?:processUploadedFile:?) Upload File imgBasePath = C:/Program Files
/KonaKart/webapps/birt-viewer/reports/  imgPath = n"

anyone got a solution?

regards

kate

Hi,

Which version of KonaKart are you using?
Which browser?  (Firefox?)
Does the report file actually get uploaded despite that message?

Take a look at this:
http://www.konakart.com/forum/index.php/topic,90.0.html

Kate

RobinS

I'm using version 2.2.6.0. and my browser is Firefox.

No it's not uploaded. there's nothing happening except those 2 messages.

RobinS

Ok, i'm sorry. the upload is (only) working with IE, but when I run a report ( no matter which one ) it says: "there are no parameters for this report".
If I switch to firefox again and try to run a report it also says: Version Mismatch

anyone knows why?

kate

The version mismatch problem is due to incompatibility between recent versions of Firefox and BIRT 2.1.2.

See http://www.konakart.com/forum/index.php/topic,510.0.html

We have upgraded to version 2.3.1 of BIRT and this has fixed the version mismatch problem with Firefox.

I don't know why you get the "no parameters" message.   Did you use the wizard installer or install manually??  Could you verify that the pathname to the konakartadmin.properties file is correct in your birt-viewer/reports/lib/konakart.rptlibrary file.   I'm not sure why you get that error...  I don't get it with a vanilla install.

For the uploads;  I see that Firefox is also giving me that <pre> error but when I upload from the same machine as the konakart server, the files always get uploaded ok... you just get that annoying little message.  I suspect some new incompatibility with the ever-changing firefox...

Kate

RobinS

Oh yes, that's it, thank you.

it was this setting

var dbPropsFile = "C:/Program Files/KonaKart/webapps/konakartadmin/WEB-INF/classes/konakartadmin.properties";

I have a german windows, that's why there is no Program Files folder.
It's called Programme, so everyone who has a different language in windows should change that :)

thanks again, its working now.

regards

kate

When you install KonaKart using the wizard, values like that are replaced automatically... hence my question about how you installed it.

Anyway;  thanks for the update and the pointer for others for this!

As for the upload...   I have just looked at this in our very latest (internal) version and I am getting that <pre> </pre> problem on Firefox 3.0.3 (althogh the file is actually still uploaded OK) so we will look at that and hopefully correct that message for the next release... It's difficult when Firefox keeps moving the goalposts after we release :)

Kate