• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

coupon code not working

Started by rotaryswing, September 04, 2008, 04:04:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rotaryswing

I've checked to make sure the module is installed and created a promotion that requires a coupon. It is at http://www.oneplanegolfswing.com:8780/konakart/Welcome.do

When you add the coupon code "golfsmart" nothing happens, although it should take 15% off the price. The date is active.

pete

Does it work in the checkout screen ?
Do you get anything in the log ?
Have you set up a default customer so that it can estimate the shipping costs when someone isn't logged in. http://www.konakart.com/configurationfaq.php#What_is_a_default_customer_

rotaryswing

The default customer trick fixed it, sorry!

pete

That's OK. In the Order Totals section of the Admin App you should make the sort order of the "Total" order total, greater than that of the "discount" order total otherwise the discount won't get subtracted.

rotaryswing

Ok, I changed the sort order of total to 99, the product discount is 22, order total discount is 20. After changing it, now the discount doesn't show up at all. Before I changed the total to 99 it showed up, but didn't give the discount once transferred to PayPal.

rotaryswing

Also now when I use the coupon code "softlaunch" on the order confirmation page, nothing happens at all.

http://www.oneplanegolfswing.com:8780/konakart

pete

QuoteOk, I changed the sort order of total to 99, the product discount is 22, order total discount is 20. After changing it, now the discount doesn't show up at all. Before I changed the total to 99 it showed up, but didn't give the discount once transferred to PayPal.

Are you sure that you only changed the sort order ? Take a look at our online demo (which works). The ordering we use is :
Order Total Discount : 20
Product Discount      : 22
Total                      : 40

rotaryswing

Yes, but either way, I changed the numbers to match yours and the result is still the same, it does not show up at all now.

rotaryswing

Ok, I've got it working to where it shows the discount on the page. On the shopping cart page, it takes it off but then you have to re-enter the code on the actual checkout page. That's problem 1. The second is that once it forwards to paypal, the deduction is no longer there.

pete

QuoteOk, I've got it working to where it shows the discount on the page. On the shopping cart page, it takes it off but then you have to re-enter the code on the actual checkout page. That's problem 1. The second is that once it forwards to paypal, the deduction is no longer there.

1. The coupon does have to be rentered during checkout. The cart page is really just a place where you should be able to see details (shipping, promotion etc.) so that you aren't forced to register to see that stuff. It frustrates people to have to register in order to see how much shipping will cost. In some cases, after logging in, the promotion may not even apply to you any more. You could always save the coupon code on the session and use it for checkout if that is what you want.

2. Is order total the last item in the sort order ?

rotaryswing

Yes, coupon code is last in the sort at 40, next down is shipping at 25 and then discounts at 22 and 20

rotaryswing

Just to confirm nothing was hosed accidentally, I did a fresh install and got the exact same behavior, everything looks great and then when it goes to paypal it shows the total without the discount.

pete

QuoteYes, coupon code is last in the sort at 40, next down is shipping at 25 and then discounts at 22 and 20

That is the problem. Order Total should be last.

rotaryswing

Sorry, that was mistyped, Total is last at 40. Order is:

Subtotal
Order total discount
Product discount
Shipping
Total

pete

Maybe you could post a screenshot of the checkout screen showing the order details just before checkout ?