• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Admin Skins?

Started by jmandala, June 19, 2009, 02:15:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jmandala

We are considering using multi-store to host other companies stores, but we're concerned that the admin skin looks a bit "amateur", especially when compared with the attractive KK public website.

My question is whether it is possible to skin the admin site? It looks like at a minimum it should be easy to swap out some of the graphics? For that matter, in the rare case that you aren't aware of it, I would point you to the attractive "Crystal" icon theme. I'm not sure if the license allows for redistributing it, but it's worth exploring. http://www.everaldo.com/crystal/?action=downloads

Thanks!

julie

You can do a fair amount of skinning by editing KonakartAdmin.css.

greg

We value feedback, even if it's that the Admin App looks a bit "amateur".   I'm a bit surprised by this (and deeply offended  ;)) because I thought it looked quite attractive... (I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder  :))

We are always looking for ways to improve the product so please can you give us your views on what you found was weak about the Admin App and we will see if we can address these in a future release.

Thanks - Greg

jmandala

Quote from: julie on June 19, 2009, 08:42:23 am
You can do a fair amount of skinning by editing KonakartAdmin.css.

Excellent! That's what I was hoping.

jmandala

Hi Greg,

You've been so helpful so far -- the last thing I want to do is offend you!

The admin gui is definitely useful, and utilitarian. My concerns are:

1. Overall branding is not very elegant. Especially when compared to your very attractive public home page. Think this is a factory of having so much repetition of the gray gradient background behind the left hand sidebar elements, and banner element.

2. As I mentioned, the icons are reminiscent of an old Windows 3.0 app. Some are pixelated, others are a little hard to interpret.

I'm happy to do the skinning required to see if I'm able to improve things. And I am also willing to share whatever improvements I make. Is there a KonaKart-exchange type of site where users can share their tweaks and improvements? Or is it just accomplished here in the forums?

greg

Hi,

QuoteYou've been so helpful so far -- the last thing I want to do is offend you!

I'm only joking...!!

Thanks for comments 1. and 2.   We'll have a think about how we might address these points in the next release.  I also had a look at the images you referred to below on everaldo - those are very nice I must say.

QuoteI'm happy to do the skinning required to see if I'm able to improve things. And I am also willing to share whatever improvements I make. Is there a KonaKart-exchange type of site where users can share their tweaks and improvements? Or is it just accomplished here in the forums?

That would be good of you, thanks.  Please post these to the Contributions section of our forum.

--Greg

jmandala

Thanks for the reply and clarification. I've used the Everaldo icons with good results. It's amazing the quality of "Free" goods on the Internet these days.