• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Existing Customers and Orders

Started by chekmate, January 18, 2009, 07:11:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chekmate

A question for a KonaKart admin, maybe with a little light to shed.

We have an existing database of products/customers/orders. Had no problem with data-mapping the products and categories into the KK tables. They showed up fine in the admin system.

With customers, it's a different story so far. I manually inserted 1000 customers as a test bed, along with affiliated customers_info and address_book records. In the admin system, on the Customers panel, it says "Displaying 1 to 12 (of 1054 customers)" but none of my inserted customers is listed. If I search on last name "Smith", it says "Displaying 1 to 6 (of 6 customers)" but there are no listings whatsoever.

Obviously something's not quite right with my data. Wondering if a KonaKart guru might be able to tell me why it knows how many records exist, but won't display them? Is there some value in each record that might be sort of nulling out the whole record when it's returned to the admin? I don't think it's a caching issue or anything like that.

Thoughts?

Brian

Hi,

Can you try cranking up some debug logging to learn a bit more.

Switch on the logging of the admin app and the SQL logging on the server.   

The SQL logging will show your the query that's been done to get the customers...  maybe you will see something in there that's null that you haven't filled in that KonaKart's Admin App requires.

The Admin App logging *might* tell you where it's breaking (I'm guessing it's hitting a null that it doesn't expect as it tries to display customer records).

Have you tried inserting one customer using the admin app - or the application itself and seeing it the Admin App can display this record?  If so - compare the good customer record and the bad ones...

--Brian