• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

the logo and arrow images can't be displayed in admin app

Started by jingdewang, December 19, 2008, 01:23:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jingdewang

Hi,

I can't see the logo and arrow images from admin console in a new depolyment of my app.  I don't know what happened.

Any clew?

Thanks.

Jingde

jingdewang

It seemed that the page uses a "com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.impl.ClippedImagePrototype" object clipped from "87BC0F2D1E5C757E80F9A1A73869C40E.cache.png" to display those pics. I noticed "87BC0F2D1E5C757E80F9A1A73869C40E.cache.png" is in the root directory, and can be access directly from IE.  Did I do wrong things? Thanks a lot.

Brian

Well...  it would appear that you did something wrong.   You haven't actually explained what you did however so it makes it very difficult to know how to help you.

How did you create your new deployment?  Manually?

If you run the installation wizard it should work...  did you try that?

jingdewang

:-[Yes,I should descript the details of my new employment.

employ step:
1. run the installation wizard firstly.
2. move the directory "/home/konakart/webapps/konakartadmin" to "/home/konakart/webapps1/konakartadmin".
3. change the configuration in "conf/server.xml", added a new <Host/> section as below:
<Host name="192.168.0.254" debug="0" appBase="webapps1" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
<Context path="" docBase="/home/konakart/webapps1/konakartadmin"/>
</Host>
4. restart konakart.

The problem appeared when I access the admin console using HTTPS protocol: "https://192.168.0.254".

Actually, I had done the test on WindowsXP successfully. Everything was okey.
Now, my os is CentOS 5.

Thanks.

Brian

just out of interest, why do you want to move it to webapps1 in the first place ?

jingdewang

Just because the admin app cann't be access via internet. I want to configure it be accessed from internal IP only. Am I on a crooked road?

Brian

Hi,

Please check what you've done because I've done exactly what you described and it all worked fine for me.

The only difference I can think of is that I used Ubuntu... but I can't see why this would make a difference.

Can't you just run the Admin App inside the firewall to protect it from access from the Internet?

Brian

jingdewang

Thank you, Brian. I would never dream of asking you to make a such test for me.  谢谢!

After your confirmation, I did some tests in my environment again. Finally, I found the cause.

I had installed a web server certificate that uses domain name as common name. When I accessed the admin app, I used https://Webserver's IP. In this case, IE will display a caution, so it does hold back the downloading of the image.

I modified the javascript in 17F0BE3EA5641F07D7577BBE62732065.cache.html to avoid the problem above-mentioned. It worked fine now.

Thank you again for your nice help.