• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Split/partial orders

Started by Steveinjava, June 12, 2008, 05:10:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveinjava

Apologies in advance if I have missed this feature but I can't see it in K.K.
The ability to split an order up (Usually due to stock shortages) is something I have offered clients previously using other carts: I realise its not trivial to implement or even for a client to do when the functionality is available but its a fact of life that orders do need editing (Products added to the order as well)
Does anybody else feel its a feature we need - or do without?

ryan

Hi Steve,

The way that this is handled in KonaKart is as follows:

• Change the state of the original Order to a user defined state such as "Order Modified" or "Order Cancelled"

• From the Admin App, login to the application on behalf of the customer. Select the customer from the customer panel and click the login button. At this point you can put all of the products from the original order in the basket using the repeat order functionality and then remove the ones that are no longer required, or change the delivery address etc. and finally submit the order again.

Note that you never have access to the customer's credentials. The login as the customer is handled for you by the system as long as you are an admin user with a suitable role. Also note that doing it in this way you keep a complete audit trail of the events and don't lose the original order.

Steveinjava

Ryan, thanks for the reply. I can't find any login button on the customer page. I can see 'New','Edit','Delete','Orders','Email' and 'Reset password'. Can you give me for specific details of where the login on behalf of customer button is? I am using Version Number : 2.2.2.0 (built 11:02AM 22-Jan-2008 GMT) which is what eApps provides at the moment.
Steve

ming

Hi,

This login button on the Customers Panel came in version 2.2.4.0 : extract from http://www.konakart.com/ver2240.php is:

We've added functionality in Admin App to select a customer and open up a new browser window displaying the KonaKart eCommerce application, automatically logging in the selected customer. This is a useful feature for call center users who may need to accept telephone orders. It allows them to log in on behalf of a customer without requiring the customer's credentials and to perform any transaction that the customer could normally perform using the eCommerce application.

Ming

Steveinjava

ming, thanks I should have checked the features updates. I will talk to eApps about updating KK - they always lag behind a bit which should be unnecessary now they use osCent5... ;)

Steveinjava

Infact eApps HAS got 2.2.6.0 available- I just needed to check my control panel for the update to be a click away. I should add an endorsement to eApps here: They really are a great server host. They explain things excellently and provide an amazing array of applications in an economical package.