• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

multiple images

Started by tsoples, July 23, 2007, 04:48:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tsoples

Hi, have you ever considered on putting multiple images on a product by using the custom fields of the product table? In some cases it is very useful to have more then one images of the product. Furthermore, is it possible to use some different admin gui e.g from the oscommerce it self.

john

Hi tsoples,

> Hi, have you ever considered on putting multiple images on a product by using the custom fields of the product table? In some cases it is very useful to have more then one images of the product.

Yes, using the custom fields in this way would be an excellent way to implement multiple images for each product.

> Furthermore, is it possible to use some different admin gui e.g from the oscommerce it self.

Well, if I understand your question correctly, since we are database compatible with oscommerce it would be possible but you must note that we have added extra functionality to KonaKart that does not appear in oscommerce so you should consider our database a super-set of theirs.   In any event, I'm puzzled why you would not want to use the KonaKart AJAX-based Administration Application?

John   

tsoples

Although your admin is very good it is very difficult to almost impossible to make some adjustments on the interface, eg we tried to use the custom fields as image fields but since we could not edit the gui of the admin we use ftp to upload the images and use your admin to put the filenames at the custom fields. To be more precise, we wanted to change the gui of the admin and make some adjustments, however, we noticed that it uses servlets and therefore, the only way to manipulate it, is either to have the source code or to decompile the code. Unfortunately, we did not find the source code and therefore we used the ftp. Thanks for your answer

paolo

Hi tsoples,

Since our Admin App uses our Admin API, it is realtively straight forward for a Java developer to create a customized GUI on top of the same Admin API. See http://www.konakart.com/apiexamplesfaq.php for examples on how to use the API.

We developed the Admin App using GWT from Google so the client side is mainly Javascript using AJAX technology in order to create a user friendly more intuitive GUI. Rather than using FTP you could always upload the images from the images tab of the edit product window of the Admin App.

-Paolo

Burz

FWIW, I implemented multiple images in a simple fashion where ShowImageBody uses struts logic to look for image filenames SKU_im1, SKU_im2, SKU_im3 etc. I then wrote a script to have imagemagick generate thumbnails from the first image for each SKU.

julie

Hi,

Just wanted to point out that more recent versions of KonaKart now have 4 image attributes for each product.

-Julie