• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Mandatory address fields

Started by Iker, May 22, 2008, 01:57:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iker

Hi,

I would like to make most address fields optional (no country, street, zip code etc.). I know that a subset of these fields can be set optional in the Admin, but I would need more freedom. What is the best approach to achieve this? (I'm thinking of hidden fields with default values) Can you pls point out which files need to be modified?

Also setting the state-province field optional in admin works only in a limited way...It indeed doesn't appear on the screen, but new user cannot be saved, because of an error message saying that state is missing...so the validation still runs, even though it shouldn't.

Thanks

ryan

QuoteI would like to make most address fields optional (no country, street, zip code etc.). I know that a subset of these fields can be set optional in the Admin, but I would need more freedom. What is the best approach to achieve this? (I'm thinking of hidden fields with default values) Can you pls point out which files need to be modified?

You can modify RegisterCustomerBody.jsp

Also setting the state-province field optional in admin works only in a limited way...It indeed doesn't appear on the screen, but new user cannot be saved, because of an error message saying that state is missing...so the validation still runs, even though it shouldn't.

This is only the case if you specify a country that has states associated with it. So if you don't want states, you should also remove them from the DB.

Iker

Thank you,

This would work for the registration, but I need something for the one-page checkout delivery/billing address (as that page is planned to be used by some agents, thus the customer according to Konakart terms will be the agent and the real customer is planned to be captured in delivery address, but in most cases it is enough if we have only a name). Can you pls point out what to modify for changing the one-page checkout? (as far as I've seen the HTML code is rendered in a non developer-friendly way in some java file and wondered if there is an easier way to achieve that)

Thanks again

heidi

All of the source for the one page checkout is provided under /custom/onepagecheckout/

It's GWT code - so it's written in java.   If you're a java programmer you should find this easy enough to work with.

See http://www.konakart.com/onepagecheckoutfaq.php

Heidi

ryan

If you don't feel comfortable with modifying the One Page Checkout code you can always revert to the standard checkout procedure which uses JSPs. The JSPs are called CatalogCheckout*.jsp.