• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Sizing information

Started by florin_oltean, March 27, 2008, 10:59:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

florin_oltean

Dear all,

I am pushing an ecommerce arhitecture based on KonaKart and OpenCMS and I would like to know performance and sizing figures for installations of KonaKart.

Basically, I need to have 1,600 concurrent users and a latency below 3sec measured at front end servers (time measured from the moment tomcat receives the HTTP request up to the moment it sends out the HTTP response).

Can anyone share her/his experience from this point of view? what amount of RAM and CPU I have to plan for?

I guess any HW architecture and OS will do since I hope to roughly transform the figures for my architecture which is based on Itanium and Red Hat Linux Enterprise Edition.

Thank you in advance,

Florin

Brian

Hi Florin,

This is a difficult question to answer categorically since there are so many variables involved.

What we can say is that KonaKart lends itself to a range of flexible implementation architectures to satisfy the most demanding performance requirements.   If you check the product architecture page (http://www.konakart.com/architecture.php) and the diagram at http://www.konakart.com/images/kkArchitecture.jpg  you will see how the modular structure gives you various implementation options to distribute load for performance and fault tolerance.

As an indication I can share some statistics from a thorough performance trial conducted by a KonaKart user where our load tester was sending SOAP messages to the KonaKart engines.

Configuration:       41 separate KonaKarts; each with their own MySQL database user
Hardware platform:  2 dual core AMD Opterons running about 2.2GHz per core with 8GB of RAM.

Over a long performance test that lasted 4 hours:

Transaction mix was 1 registration for every 3 orders
The total number of registrations processed was 98400
The total number of orders processed was 295200 which turns out to be 20.5 orders / sec.

The above test was aimed at testing performance for running multiple shops with different KonaKart instances but you can take the figures as an indication of performance.   The tests (conducted back in August 2007) also demonstrated rock-solid stability of KonaKart under the stress of this load.

Naturally you will need to conduct your own performance trials on your own particular configuration to gain more confidence.   We can assist you with this process (we have a number of load testing tools for this purpose) - just send a mail to sales AT konakart.com for more information if you're interested.

Regards,

Brian