• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Is it possible to access konakart without deploying?

Started by jbkapadia, January 31, 2008, 12:32:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbkapadia

HI!
  First of all congratulation for such a wonderful application.
  I am new to Konakart. Now i want to know that is it possible to use Konakart without deploying konkart in Apache. I am using API example given in application and try to run it (Apache server is not running). At the time of running it gives error

D:\kkjars>java Kkapi
EC is :class com.konakart.app.KKEng
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:424)
        at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure(PropertyConfigurator.java:327)
        at com.konakart.app.KKEng.initLog4j(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.app.KKEng.init(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.app.KKEng.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at Kkapi.main(Kkapi.java:26)

ming

Hello,

QuoteI am new to Konakart. Now i want to know that is it possible to use Konakart without deploying konkart in Apache.

Well, yes, you can run the classes without running in a servlet container.

QuoteI am using API example given in application and try to run it (Apache server is not running). At the time of running it gives error

First of all I don't recognise "Kkapi.java" - presumably this is your program?

When the engine is instantiated it will need to find its properties file (konakart.properties) and all the required libraries.  If you look at the supplied ant build.xml file you will see what's required.

It's probably best to start with something that works.  You can simply run ant in the java_api_examples directory to see the examples being built and run - without needing tomcat to be running.

See http://www.konakart.com/apiexamplesfaq.php

Regards,
Ming