• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

KonaKart & Tomcat 5.5 & OpenCMS

Started by Rafaello, January 27, 2008, 01:13:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafaello

Hello!

I have got a working Apache Tomcat & OpenCMS in windows platform.
Now I have decided to install KonaKart.
When installation is finish i havent got a konakart in tomcat list aplication [IE show me 404 error].
In KonaKart setup the destionation location must be the same as my working Apache Tomcat?

ming

Hi Rafaello,

Not sure what you've done there.

If you used the regular KonaKart installer you will get a new tomcat and KonaKart and KonaKartAdmin will be installed as webapps in that.   Unless you take some action it won't affect your existing tomcat elsewhere.

For the OpenCms integration, please check the documentation http://www.konakart.com/opencms.php

Since the communication from OpenCms to KonaKart uses SOAP, you don't have to install KonaKart in the same tomcat as OpenCms..  indeed it can be installed on another machine if you like.

If you just install the OpenCms integration module for KonaKart you don't even have to install KonaKart anywhere because it will point to our demo installation of KonaKart.  This is just to get it up and running quickly and easily as a demonstration, obvioulsy no good if you want your own shop.  For that you need to install your own coy of KonaKart (as mentioned above).

Hopefully that makes some sense?!

Regards,
Ming