• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Sorting and pagination doesn't work with enabled Solr Search Engine

Started by bharatkasodariya, July 13, 2013, 07:58:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bharatkasodariya

First of all, Thanks Team Konakart for such a nice system.

I am facing one issue in sorting and pagination when Solr is enabled . I just tried to run app with Solr Search Engine.For that, I enabled Solr Search Engine from the admin and added product in solr search engine. When I try to sort the product with Solr enabled config, getting the below exception.
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.konakart.al.CategoryMgr.getCatMenuList(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.al.CategoryMgr.getCatMenuList(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.al.ProductMgr.manageCurrentCategories(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.al.ProductMgr.fetchProducts(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.al.ProductMgr.orderCurrentProds(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.actions.SortProductAction.execute(SortProductAction.java
:73)
It works ok when Solr is disabled.

bharatkasodariya

ryan

bharatkasodariya

Thanks for your response.
Currently I am running customize system on my local env. I have just enabled Solr to see. Its creating product object in solr also.  Trying to find why I am getting above exception on console when I do pagination click . It seems like that exception stops pagination. Do I need to make any other change for Solr?

ryan

All you need to do is to enable Solr in the configuration section of the Admin App and then load up the products in the tools section.

bharatkasodariya

Thanks,
I tried with fresh db and few sample data. figured out something. Pagination/Sorting throws above exception when product assigned to multiple category and one of the category is invisible.

ryan

I tried adding a product to two categories and made one invisible but couldn't reproduce the problem.