• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Configure special path for uploaded images

Started by serega_sheypak, May 02, 2012, 03:44:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

serega_sheypak

Good day.
I want to separate uploaded images for products from other images used in design. All images are stored to some_file_path/konakart/images by default.
Is there any possibility to set uploaded images to other catalog (some_file_path/konakart/images/uploaded)?

serega_sheypak

I forgot to mention that I tried to change konakartadmin/images section.
I've set new storage path to uploaded images. That's great, they are stored to other folder. But it's impossible to specify url for them. Customization doesn't allow to specify separate url path to these images. Image url path is general for all images unfortunately.

ming

You can place images wherever you like...  so long as your storefront application knows where they are and you make the necessary changes to the storefront code to reflect any new locations.

serega_sheypak

So am I right that there is no way to configure storage path and url path for uploaded images? I have to modify the presentation layer? Or use some kind of proxy by Apache

ming

No, not at all.  You can define that in the Admin App on the Images panel under Configurations.  Set the Image base URL to what you want.