• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

uploading KonaKart and MySQL database to my web hosting server.

Started by jbarb, November 11, 2010, 04:13:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbarb

I'm having problems with my web hosting server regarding uploading MySQL database ver 5.0.51 to my new site.

It seems an existing earlier version mysql database is in existence in conjunction with my old web site but contains no tables so it appears it does not serve a purpose for use with my old html site. The existing server supplied MySQL database is also and earlier version, 4.1.
All I want to do is replace the earlier version that exists with my newer MySQL database version 5.0.51.
They do not seem to know if this is possible and are checking on it now.

Should this be a problem and why can't I simply upload and replace the existing MySQL database with my newer configured version for use with KonaKart.
Also I neglected to change the username on the database from "root". Can I change it now without causing myself problems? ???

Thanks,  Jim (jbarb)

Michael

jbarb

Quote from: Michael on November 11, 2010, 05:34:59 am
This sounds like a question for your hosting company

Thanks Michael,

I neglected to change the default database username "root" in MySQL. Can I change this without causing a major problem like having to re-run the KonaKart install wizard?
I have a MySQL query browser utility installed that has been quite helpful in the past for making changes in MySQL and upgrading versions of KonaKart. Can I use this to effect changes in KonaKart or is there and admin app in KonaKart that I can edit if necessary to reflect the change in the database username if needed?

I have (asked my service provider) and am waiting for their answer. I have a feeling they want me to simply upload all my tables from my installed database MySql 5.0.51 to the existing MySql server supplied database MySQL 4.1.22. I don't believe this will work.

Thanks
Jbarb

jbarb

How can I change the username in MySQL?
I changed the MySQL username in my KonaKart admin configuration files but now mysql will not allow KonaKart admin to start. The error message I get when I attempt to start KonaKart says I must change the config files in the servlet engine to reflect this username change. How do I accomplish this?

My MySQL query browser shows the old username and will start using the old username but will not start if I type in the new username that I changed in the KonaKart admin config files. There is obviously a parameter in the MYSQL configuration itself that requires editing to change this username.
Where can I locate this parameter in MySQL?

Thanks

jbarb