• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

konakart.propeties location

Started by chloeloves, September 23, 2010, 09:58:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chloeloves

Is there anyway for me to configure the KKEng to use a konakart.properties files that i specify?

I'd like to maintain 2 copies of the property files - one for dev, and one for production.  I'd like to be able to have konakart load the configuration based on what environment I am in.  I saw that in the struts-config.xml there is a plugin that specifies the path to the properties file, but if I change that to a bogus properties file (i.e dummy.properties), it seems to still load the konakart.properties file.

Thanks.

Brian

I just tried this and it seemed to be fine.

I renamed konakart.properties to konakartX.properties and made the necessary changes in two places in struts_config.xml

You should see something like this at startup:

KonaKartEngPlugin:
propertiesPath    = konakartX.properties
mode              = Single Store
storeId           = store1
customersShared   = false
productsShared    = false

**********************************************************************************
* KONAKART LICENSE AGREEMENT                                                     *
* You may not use this software except in compliance with the licenses.          *
* Please study the licenses on the KonaKart website  for the rights, obligations *
* and limitations governing the use of this software.                            *
* For users of the Community Edition of KonaKart see:                            *
*         http://www.konakart.com/documents/COMMUNITY-LICENSE.txt                *
* For users of the Enterprise Extensions of KonaKart see:                        *
*         http://www.konakart.com/documents/ENTERPRISE-LICENSE.txt               *
**********************************************************************************

KonaKartAppEngPlugin:
propertiesPath    = konakartX.properties
appPropertiesPath = konakart_app.properties
mode              = Single Store
storeId           = store1
customersShared   = false
productsShared    = false