• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Tutorial for konakart upgrade from 2.2.0.4 to 4.2.0.1-C

Started by mdesjard, July 13, 2010, 06:58:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mdesjard

Hi,

I have konakart 2.2.0.4 running on my old hosting service. They now provide 4.2, so I created a new instance with this new version on another instance of the server.

It's a clean install. Now I would like to migrate my database from the old system to the new one.

Can I export from the old one into the new one?

Make a copy of the old database on the new system and then run the upgrade scripts, then point the new application to the upgraded database?

What is the best way to proceed? Thanks!

ming

Your suggestion of:

QuoteMake a copy of the old database on the new system and then run the upgrade scripts, then point the new application to the upgraded database?

.. sounds like a sensible, risk-averse, approach.

You probably know already but you must run the upgrade scripts (for your database type) one by one in order from 2.2.0.4 to 4.2.0.1.

Take the obvious precautions of saving your database before you start... but you'll have this when you make a copy of the existing database so you should be fine.

Once completed it would be good if you could post back to this thread how it went!

mdesjard

mdesjard

Database update complete and working. The first few scripts gave errors, but I assume it's because I didn't have 2.2.0.4 after all. My system gave that version, but I guess I had 2.2.0.6 or .7, because after that, all the scripts worked and my site is now up and running on the new database.

Now I'll need to make some work on the front end to add back my customizations, but all seems fine for now.

Thanks a lot!

ming

That's good...  thanks for the post.

Can't you jump to v5.0.0.0 while you're at it!? - it's the latest stable production release.   Is it just not available on your hosting service?

mdesjard

yeah, it's not available yet on my hosting service...