• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Custom Payment Module without Struts config

Started by anstuff, May 28, 2010, 05:58:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

anstuff

Is it necessary to have Struts configuration for the payment module?  I intend to plug in Payment Module with our website which has its own GUI.  The website will be interacting with Konakart to search/select products and creating orders in Konakart.
When order gets saved, we want to authorize and capture payment based on order details saved with the order. 
When the card is declined, we would like to get a notification regarding the same and would want to give customer another chance to re-enter his/her credit card details.

For doing the above mentioned, we have our own web pages, business logic etc.  Albeit, I followed the instructions as mentioned in the documentation, the implementation I did in my action class is not getting executed when I run my test case.  It does get fired when I try to place an order through Konakart Web App.  Am I missing something?

Any help appreciated.

trevor

The payment modules don't require struts. The only reason for having a struts config for each module is so that they can be called dynamically based on the module code.

anstuff

If i do not use struts than that would mean no need to have the action class either.
In that case is it OK to implement the capture of funds code in the class implementing payment interface?  How can I communicate with my website if the card gets declined?