• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Search for order id not working?

Started by bubba64, October 30, 2009, 05:53:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bubba64

Is there an issue (or configuration problem) that will not allow the search for an order ID? On the order screen in the admin application and also on the invoice, it shows an order ID. If I try to search for that order ID using the search function at the top of the order screen, it will fail to find that order ID even if I can see the order ID in the list on a previous screen.

In there a special trick I am missing?

trevor

I've just tried it on a default installation and seems to work for me.

bubba64

This is the interesting thing I am seeing in my installation (full disclosure: this was an upgrade from the crappy oscommerce to konakart 2.2.6 many many months ago, currently using 4.0.0)

On the order screen, orders listed for each customer are 13 digits long (ie: 1257444164536). However, on the customer's invoice the order id is only three digits (ie: 351). Searching for 351 will return no results, searching for the longer number listed on the order list will return the correct result. Do you have any clue on why the order id on the invoice is different (no customizations were done on the invoice (at least not intentionally :) except for updating the logo and adding store address and contact info).

Thanks!

julie

For an explanation take a look at the online help fro the Orders panel:

This panel can be configured to display the Order Id or the Order Number in the left most column. The Order Id is generated by KonaKart automatically and is a unique ascending integer. The Order Number may be generated by custom business logic just before an order is saved and so may adhere to company standards etc. The Order Number may contain both letters and numbers. The panel can be configured in the Configuration >> Admin App Configuration section of the Admin App.

bubba64