• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

CustomValidation.properties change email length

Started by Iruñea, September 04, 2009, 04:10:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iruñea

Hello,

I wold like to allow longer customers Emails for clients on Clients panel. (Admin App.)
On the guide (http://www.konakart.com/docs/CustomValidationAdminApp.html) I read that from version 2.2.3.0. its possible to specify min and max lenght values for some fields in . (I see there Customer.email_address). I tried and failed.Sinds we use Konakart v2.2.6.0., I think this field is still not supported yet(http://www.konakart.com/custom_validation_faq.php).Am I right?

And if so, is there any other possibility to solve this rather than modifying this field directly on the database  ??

Thanks for your help, Konakart is great!
Iruñea

greg

September 04, 2009, 04:22:38 pm #1 Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 04:26:26 pm by greg
Hi

Unfortunately the ability to define all of those attributes in the CustomValidation properties was not available in that very early 2.2.6.0 version.

You can load longer values in the database by SQL or the APIs but this causes problems in the Admin App - e.g. you won't be able to save Customer records with long email addresses using the Admin App.

So.. if you can't live with that, I'd really encourage you to upgrade - KonaKart has moved on a lot since 2.2.6.0 - lots of new features and bug fixes...

The upgrade process is designed to be as painless as possible...

Careful with those *_faq.php documents...  they are only left on disk in case forum posts refer to them.. but the text is all superceded by the User Guide - which should contain all of the information in the old faqs... and be right up-to-date.

Regards - Greg

greg

The attributes that are supported for CustomValidation in each release are only those that you will find commented out in the CustomVallidation.properties file that was included in that release.

Iruñea

Many thanks Greg,

Good to get confirmation about this. I think for now changing directly on the DB is our prefered solution.

Thanks for your time,

Iruñea  ;)