• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Is it possible to configure thr maximum length of Manufacturers name to be longr

Started by craig@civic, September 02, 2009, 10:27:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

craig@civic

I'm trying to enter a manufacturers name that is longer than the 32 chars.

I changed the MaximumValue for Manufacturer in the Configuration but this didnt affect it.

I had a look at the CustomValidation.properties file an it doesn't have an entry for manufacturer.name, so I tried adding it

Manufacturer.name      = 0;256

I restarted but konakart still doesn't is it not possible to extend the length of the manufacturers name in the application?

Is it possible to have a manufacturer name longer than 32

greg

You can't set new properties that you make up such as Manufacturer.name in the CustomValidation.properties file.   You can only use the properties that are contained in that file for the respective version of KonaKart.

We'll look at adding the ability to define custom validation on manufacturer in a future release.

You can have a manufacturer name longer than 32 characters - it's just that the Admin App's validation will not allow you to save records like that... (but you could add longer names into the database via other means if you really need to).

craig@civic

I had managed to add the longer names via the database but it means that If a user wants to edit a manufacturers details they will not be able to save the the update due to the length of the name.

This would force them to update the database, to shorten the name, before they could make an update.

As Im developeing for a third part client, this isn't very practicable as they wont have access to the database