• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

new to Konakart, having product image issue

Started by mikef, February 26, 2010, 09:25:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mikef

Dear friends,

I have been using Joomla and Virtuemart for a while. But they are php and not Java Struts based. I was very excited to find this software and I downloaded a copy to try. I read the user manual but I am still confused with some basic thing like add a product. I am posting some of my questions here and wish some people could help me to know the framework better.
1. Where can I find a step by step user setup guide? I have read the KonaKart_User_Guide.pdf file. Somehow it's not a step by step guide that I can follow to set up a web store.

2. When I add my first product, I uploaded just one image as Image 1. I went to the web store to search the product and found it.  But the product image does not show correctly. The image I uploaded is rectangle (length = 2 * width). But the picture I saw in the research result list is square and it did not maintain the aspect ratio (a tall guy looks short and fat). How to deal with the issue?  Then I clicked the product and went to the detail page. The product detail page has everything like price except the product photo. The picture place is empty and I expected my full size photo should be there. I do not know the reason.

3. I added my second product. I uploaded four pictures as Image 1, 2, 3, and 4. This time the images all showed on the product detail page. But all the images are large. So do I need to have an image edit software to edit all the photos first before I upload them? I thought Konakart can do that automatically.

Thanks a lot,

Mike

heidi

Normally people would change the JSPs to display the images how they want.

If you want to stick close to the demo storefront application you should supply image sets per product as follows:

product.jpg            100x80
product_big.jpg       400x320

product_1.jpg         100x80
product_1_big.jpg   400x320

product_2.jpg         100x80
product_2_big.jpg   400x320

product_3.jpg         100x80
product_3_big.jpg   400x320

product_4.jpg         100x80
product_4_big.jpg   400x320

Look at the examples provided to see what I'm describing here.   Look at what is stored for the respective product images in the Admin App for this naming convention..  from this definition the image names above are derived by the demo application - so they must follow the above naming convention for it to work.

Some shopkeepers make the mistake of using images that are far too large which frustrates visitors on lower bandwidth connections... so try to keep your images as small as you can!

cuilim

I have the same problem with the mike...

When I add my first product, I uploaded just one image as Image 1. I went to the web store to search the product and found it.  But the product image does not show correctly. when I clicked the product and went to the detail page. The product detail page has everything like price except the product photo. The picture place is empty and I expected my full size photo should be there. any solution ?...

if I only have one product that you want to display and must Setting this...

be a wasting time and bandwidth..any solution ??

Regards,
Cuilim...

Quote from: heidi on February 28, 2010, 05:53:46 am
Normally people would change the JSPs to display the images how they want.

If you want to stick close to the demo storefront application you should supply image sets per product as follows:

Look at the examples provided to see what I'm describing here.   Look at what is stored for the respective product images in the Admin App for this naming convention..  from this definition the image names above are derived by the demo application - so they must follow the above naming convention for it to work.

Some shopkeepers make the mistake of using images that are far too large which frustrates visitors on lower bandwidth connections... so try to keep your images as small as you can!

heidi

You can show whatever images you like, large or small.   You can use any naming convention you like so long as your JSP code can find them.