• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

How to configure Product Notification and General Newsletter

Started by srinivasanj, October 08, 2007, 12:21:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

srinivasanj

hi
i am using konakart, i watched in the product notification and general newsletter area in which i subscribe the general newsletter and also i subscribe global product notification.
when i am trying to change any product in admin, for example added special offer for the product, change name changed, etc then sure i need to receive a mail about the product change, but i doesn't receive any mail the server doesn't attempt any changes.
i configure my smtp server hence i receiving my order status, then why i doesn't receive any mail for product notification and general newsletter, did my approach is wrong or i need to configure anything in admin. please help anyone

paolo

Hi,

At the moment, KonaKart manages subscription information (i.e. newsletter, product subscriptions) so that you can see who has subscribed to what etc. However it doesn't contain functionality to help you create a newsletter and send it, or to create an email describing new product functionality.

I don't think that someone would want KonaKart to automatically send an email every time a product is edited in the Admin App. Normally these emails are carefully thought out by a marketing team and then sent using a bulk email sending application.

-Paolo

srinivasanj

paolo

You're welcome  :)
We are always very interested in knowing how people are using KonaKart, so if you can share any of that information with us, that would be great.