• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

JDBC error with report viewer

Started by craig, May 12, 2009, 08:13:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

craig

After installation I am receiving the following error on the My Store Status screen (in the area where the Last 30 Days Orders report should display):

Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.
Cannot load JDBC Driver class: not found.

I have it configured to use MS SQL Server using the jtds driver. The jtds driver JAR is in the birt viewer directory konakart/webapps/birtviewer/WEB-INF/platform/plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.3.1.v20080827/drivers

The error message makes it sound like it doesn't know which driver to load. I have configured the driver in konakart.properties and konakartadmin.properties. I am running this on Solaris 10. This functionality works fine when I run it locally with Windows and MySQL.

Brian

You shouldn't need to add or move any of the JDBC jars because they should all be deployed as part of the installation kit.

One thing to check here is the "konakart.rptlibrary" file.  (Look under webapps/birtviewer/reports/lib)

Inside this file there is a reference to the konakartadmin.properties file... (about on line 20).  Is this correct for your Unix platform?

It should be correct if you have done a standard installation using the wizard... but if you created it manually you may find this is set incorrectly.

-Brian

craig

That resolved it. I had to do a manual installation. I tried to do a silent mode install but no matter what arguments I gave to the installation program it always gave me an 'Invalid argument' error. I though it perhaps was a Linux v. Solaris thing and did the manual install. Are there any other configurations around reporting that I need to set manually? Now when I go into 'Reports' and run a report it pops open another browser window that is blank. Again this functionality works fine locally with Windows + MySQL.

craig

To add to it the report will render eventually, it just takes really long. On the order of 5 to 10 minutes.

Brian

Hi Craig,

There are only a couple of URLs to set - see the Help in the Configuration >> Reports section of the Configuration.. you've probably already got these set OK.

As regards your time delay; this is very unusual.   All I can suggest is that you look at your memory settings.  BIRT does have a habit of needing a lot of memory...  hence it may be thrashing memory and that's the reason it's taking so long...  That's all I can think of at the moment..

Can you allocate more RAM to your tomcat?  Can you monitor the process to confirm the lack of memory?

-Brian

Binhha

I had similar issue and got resolved by your instruction. I don't have any issues running reports under REPORTS section but still have issue of sales report at the bottom of Admin homepage. It complains that "47 more Caused by: java.lang.Error: Probable fatal error:No fonts found " , Stack trace is below. Please help.

org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException: Error happened while running the report at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runAndRenderReport(ReportEngineService.java:960) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runAndRenderReport(BirtViewerReportService.java:933) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtGetPageAllActionHandler.__execute(BirtGetPageAllActionHandler.java:132) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleGetPageAll(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:183) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616) at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397) at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186) at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323) at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32) at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118) at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83) at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454) at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281) at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699) at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:225) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709) at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802) at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:112) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188) at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:874) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636) Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened while running the report at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:180) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(RunAndRenderTask.java:72) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runAndRenderReport(ReportEngineService.java:954) ... 47 more Caused by: java.lang.Error: Probable fatal error:No fonts found. at sun.font.FontManager.getDefaultPhysicalFont(FontManager.java:1088) at sun.font.FontManager.initialiseDeferredFont(FontManager.java:960) at sun.font.FontManager.findOtherDeferredFont(FontManager.java:899) at sun.font.FontManager.findDeferredFont(FontManager.java:916) at sun.font.FontManager.findFont2D(FontManager.java:1904) at sun.font.FontManager.getDefaultPhysicalFont(FontManager.java:1071) at sun.font.FontManager.initialiseDeferredFont(FontManager.java:960) at sun.font.FontManager.findOtherDeferredFont(FontManager.java:899) at sun.font.FontManager.findDeferredFont(FontManager.java:916) at sun.font.FontManager.findFont2D(FontManager.java:1904) at sun.font.FontManager.getDefaultPhysicalFont(FontManager.java:1071) at sun.font.FontManager.initialiseDeferredFont(FontManager.java:960) at sun.font.FontManager.findOtherDeferredFont(FontManager.java:899) at sun.font.FontManager.findDeferredFont(FontManager.java:916) at sun.font.FontManager.findFont2D(FontManager.java:1904) at sun.font.FontManager.getDefaultPhysicalFont(FontManager.java:1071) at sun.font.FontManager.initialiseDeferredFont(FontManager.java:960) at sun.font.FontManager.findOtherDeferredFont(FontManager.java:899) at sun.font.FontManager.findDeferredFont(FontManager.java:916) at sun.font.FontManager.findFont2D

heidi

This looks like Java is unable to find a font file, indicating some problem in your Java environment.

If you're on Linux, you can check in $JAVA_HOME/jre/fontconfig.properties, near the end where paths to the Linux fonts are specified. Please check that the paths exist, and that the fonts exist on your system.

You may have to install any missing JVM fonts.

Note that you can change the report that displays on the front page of the Admin App - see the Reports configuration section in the Admin App.