• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

To add telephone number in shipping & billing address using onepagechekout

Started by Jaipal, April 24, 2009, 11:47:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaipal

hi, in our application www.sakhifashions.com we want to implement gwt  one page checkout.Every thing is working fine But I need to add telephone number in shipping & billing address.Which function I can use so that I will able to add telephone number in shipping & billing address.I am able to get  telephoe number in ChooseAddrBody.java But not able to get in OrderBody.java Please help me regarding this.

Sony George

i am also facing the same problem, there is no use in an shipping or billing address with out phone no.
because now a days, every courier service need phone no, and for konakart there is no option to save telephone no with address

if you have found out the solution , please post it here

regards

trevor

Sony George

Quote from: trevor on June 07, 2009, 09:27:23 pm
Can't you just use one of the custom address fields ?

i am new to konakart, in KonaKart_User_Guide.pdf, i could not see any info to make the custom address fields visible in the GUI. can u please guide me, what to do, how to do steps, docs, to enable this option. ??

thanks

trevor

Take a look at any one of the Jsp files that shows dynamic data (i.e. EditAddrBody.jsp) to see how object attributes are displayed. RegisterCustomerForm already contains the custom fields.

Sony George

Quote from: trevor on June 09, 2009, 06:21:08 am
Take a look at any one of the Jsp files that shows dynamic data (i.e. EditAddrBody.jsp)
to see how object attributes are displayed. RegisterCustomerForm already contains the custom fields.

Dear Admin,
from you hint, i edited NewAddrBody.jsp, EditAddrBody.jsp, to include mobile, land line and email fields
then edited the message.properties, edited the EditAddrSubmitAction.java and NewAddrSubmitAction.java,
to insert above values to database and edited validation.xml for validation too...
and data is being inserted into the database, i verified by query from address_book table

thank you so much for your help.  :D

but now the inserted values are not populated.  when i try to edit again, addressCustom1 ,addressCustom2 ,addressCustom3 are empty,
i tried my level best, not to disturb you again, and looked in to the action classes,
AddressBookAction.java and verified that kkAppEng.getCustomerMgr().populateCurrentCustomerAddresses(false); is being called.
also looked into EditAddrAction.java

do i have gone in wrong path anywhere ???

thank you for your time and effort

julie

When you added them to the JSP, did you add the value attribute ?
i.e.
<html:text name="RegisterCustomerForm" property="addressCustom1" value="<%=addr.getCustom1()%>"/>

Sony George

Quote from: julie on June 11, 2009, 04:02:51 pm
When you added them to the JSP, did you add the value attribute ?
i.e.
<html:text name="RegisterCustomerForm" property="addressCustom1" value="<%=addr.getCustom1()%>"/>

Mea culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa...... :-[  i did not add value="<%=addr.getCustom1()%>"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to reflect this custom fields in my address format, so in the konakartadmin --->Localizations -->AddressFormats
i added a new address format, this is the format
$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $postcode$cr$state, $country$cr$custom1$cr$custom2$cr$custom3
then i assigned this address format to my Country India in Locations/Taxes--->Countries

restarted the server, then logged into konakart, but my address are comming in this format

Sony George
Kozhuppakalam
Vellor
PuthenCruz, 682308
Kerala, India
$custom1
$custom2
$custom3

ie: the custom1, custom2 and custom3 are not replaced....

i tried the variables $custom1, $addressCustom1, $addcustom1, $addCustom1 etc....

is any other things, i have to do to achive this ???

thanks and regards