• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

User (admin@konakart) has been blocked??????

Started by jbarb, March 29, 2009, 11:10:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbarb

Exception Message = User (admin@konakart.com) has been blocked. Please try again in about 10 minutes

This is the response from admin@konakart.com I get when I try to log on.

This has never happened before. Is the KonaKart server down or is something wrong at my end?

jbarb

trevor

The default setup is to block for 10 minutes after 3 unsuccessful attempts. These parameters can be modified in the properties file.

All I can think of is that either your password is wrong (check CAPS lock) or the data in the database has been changed since the password is stored in the database in a hashed format.

jbarb

Quote from: trevor on March 30, 2009, 09:49:57 am
The default setup is to block for 10 minutes after 3 unsuccessful attempts. These parameters can be modified in the properties file.

All I can think of is that either your password is wrong (check CAPS lock) or the data in the database has been changed since the password is stored in the database in a hashed format.

Trevor,

Is there a way to change my password through my data base, Mysql?
I'm sure I have the correct password. I have been using Konakart admin regularly adding and modifying graphics for my products and was just preparing to add my logo to the KonaKart storefront.

Is there a possibility that I could have altered my password while on admin without using the "change password" utility? The last thing I was working on was configuring the categories and attempting to add some new graphics for them.

Will I need to uninstall /reinstall 3.2.0.0 to get my password correct?

Thanks,

Jbarb

jbarb

Quote from: trevor on March 30, 2009, 09:49:57 am

Trevor,

Also in the Tom Cat window there is some additional text after "Server startup time etc"

i.e. Today's date and then "Warn <AdminMgrFactory. java:InstantiateAdminMulti-StoreMgr:1026> Admin Multi-Store Functionality has not Been Installed.

Do I need to install this function to solve the problem  ???and how do I do it if required?

Thanks,

jbarb

trevor

No, that's just to inform you that multi-store functionality isn't installed.

You could register a user in the application and then copy the hashed password of the new user into the password field of the admin user. The attribute is called customers_password and the table is customers. 

heidi

Don't you remember whether or not you have changed your password?

If you haven't changed our password it won't have changed.

You can always look at the database scripts for a way to set the encrypted password for a user.... since the admin user is set up with these scripts.

jbarb

Quote from: trevor on March 30, 2009, 08:29:06 pm
No, that's just to inform you that multi-store functionality isn't installed.

You could register a user in the application and then copy the hashed password of the new user into the password field of the admin user. The attribute is called customers_password and the table is customers. 

Trevor,

I even uninstalled reinstalled KonaKart 3.2.0.0 and it still will not accept either the default password (princess) or my existing one. Many of the changes to the products and configuration in admin are still there so whatever is blocking me out is also there.

I found the customers table and the customers_password but do not know how to register a new user and copy the hashed password into the password field of the admin user. It appears there are some specific querys or commands to accomplish this but I have gotten that far in the Mysql tutorial as of yet. If you can offer some guidance in that regard I would be grateful.

What if I disable security altogether through the konakartadmin. properties file, get into the admin program and establish a new password and or user id once inside? Then reenable security.

I even uninstalled 3.2.0 and installed my old version of Konakart and it still will not let me in. Something is resident in the config files and it will not be removed when you do an uninstall.

Thanks,

jbarb

heidi

It seems like you could be pointing at the wrong database in one of your properties files because if you reinstall you should start with the default starting database - not one with your products.

Examples of the SQL you need to run are in the database script files - eg. konakart_demo.sql

jbarb

Quote from: heidi on April 02, 2009, 05:47:07 am
It seems like you could be pointing at the wrong database in one of your properties files because if you reinstall you should start with the default starting database - not one with your products.

Examples of the SQL you need to run are in the database script files - eg. konakart_demo.sql

Trevor,

Thanks for your help.

I reinstalled 3.2.0.0 and ran the utility at the end that establishes (overwrites in my case) all of my tables. This cured the problem but understandably I lost all my prior work. Whatever caused the problem of locking me out was in the data base and not KonaKart.

This may be helpful though as there were a number of things I wanted to change anyway. I now have all of the KonaKart 3.2.0.0 User's guide and will study it in detail.

I am still a little hazy on how to customize the KonaKart storefront with my company logo and trademarks/graphics etc. while keeping the basic KonaKart storefront configuration but I am sure the User's guide will give me that insight.

For now its back to the drawing board and loading all my products (under thirty of them) and reconfiguring the rest.

Thanks,

jbarb

jbarb

Quote from: trevor on March 30, 2009, 08:29:06 pm

Trevor,

I have Konakart 4.1 installed and configured with a large product base.

I had for test purposes, registered three fictitious customers with my own email addresses (three separate) for testing the order function and the email responses.
I decided I would delete two of the fictitious customers and only use the single one for testing the order function and logged off. Now I cannot log back on to the admin function with my regular password i.e. (doesn't match message) and of course blocks me after three attempts.

The last time this happened I had 3.2 installed and you advised:

"You could register a user in the application and then copy the hashed password of the new user into the password field of the admin user. The attribute is called customers_password and the table is customers. 

Does this still hold true with KK 4.1 and do you mean to enter my MYSQL database to effect these changes or will re-registering the two customers in Kona Kart cure it? Also explain the "Hashed" password term.

I really would appreciate some help on this. I have come so far with KonaKart that I am almost ready to publish it and I do not want to screw up all the work I have done so far with some thing that should not be difficult for me to figure out.

However, if I make an error with some thing as simple as this and destroy all I have accomplished so far I will probably not go any further with it and just keep running my old Web page.  :-[

Thanks for your help.

Jabarb

James Barber
EnviroSales LLC

trevor

Assuming you still have an admin user, copy the value in customers_password for the newly registered user to the customers_password attribute of the admin user. Once you've done this, you will be able to login for the admin user using the password of the newly registered user.

Wow, if you've been working on KK since version 3.2 it would be a shame to throw away 1 and half years of work !

jbarb

Quote from: trevor on June 21, 2010, 08:31:27 pm
Assuming you still have an admin user, copy the value in customers_password for the newly registered user to the customers_password attribute of the admin user. Once you've done this, you will be able to login for the admin user using the password of the newly registered user.

Wow, if you've been working on KK since version 3.2 it would be a shame to throw away 1 and half years of work !

Trevor, thanks for the help.

I can log into the admin utility  "Cat" and "Order" using the default password "princess" but but not "admin@konankart.com" using my original password or the default "princess." Changing passwords in the admin is obviously not global.

I have gotten to the attribute customers_password in the "Customer" table but I'm still struggling with the syntax to add the "hashed" (I'm still not sure what the term hashed means) password that I just gave to the newly registered customer in the KK web application.

I can most likely figure this out but I would appreciate your help in this edit operation of the attribute. I' m sure I am just overlooking something.

Thanks,
jbarb
(Jim)

jbarb

Quote from: jbarb on June 27, 2010, 12:12:27 am
Quote from: trevor on June 21, 2010, 08:31:27 pm

Trevor,

I reinstalled 4.1 without reloading MYSQL and retained my products etc.
I can log on to cat and order using my original password (used for admin also)
but still cannot log on to admin. I assume this means I still have an admin user? If not what is my admin user? Now  is "customers_password" an attribute to the MYSQL table "customers" in my data base?

Do I register this new customer in the KK webpage? What is a hashed password and where are the admin passwords in the database kept?

At this juncture I would just as soon disable all the security for the admin user until I have finished modifying the web page prior to publish. I can reinstate security after I'm finished with my customization.

This is the second time my admin password just went bad (only on "admin") for no apparent reason. Is it possible to disable user security while being blocked from the admin by going into my mysql database and how is it done? 

Thanks

jbarb
(Jim)

trevor

I'll try again  :)

• Register a new user in the store front application using a password "abc123xyz"

• Using a database tool, copy the value in customers_password (attribute of the customers table) for the newly registered user to the customers_password attribute of the admin user. Note that the value that you copy won't be "abc123xyz" since it has been "scrambled" for security reasons

• Log into the admin application as the admin user with the password "abc123xyz" and it should work.

jbarb

Thanks for the help Trevor. I followed your instructions and discovered that in the attribute customers_password, the entire row, "admin@Konakart.com" is missing. Cat@konakart is there as is order@konakart and "user" but not admin@konakart.com.

I must have inadvertently deleted it while cleaning up what I considered to be useless customers from the admin application.
Obviously I do not know which customer is connected to the admin however I'm sure I deleted it and that is when I could no longer get in to to the admin application.
Can I simply replace that row by copy and pasting the cat@konakart.com fields with the exception of the customer number? Or will I need to duplicate the original admin fields in that row in customers_passwords?

Thanks,

James (jbarb)

I'll try again  :)
Quote from: trevor on June 30, 2010, 08:22:57 am

• Register a new user in the store front application using a password "abc123xyz"

• Using a database tool, copy the value in customers_password (attribute of the customers table) for the newly registered user to the customers_password attribute of the admin user. Note that the value that you copy won't be "abc123xyz" since it has been "scrambled" for security reasons

• Log into the admin application as the admin user with the password "abc123xyz" and it should work.