• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Generic Order Form for bulk entry

Started by bubba64, March 12, 2009, 10:39:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bubba64

My desire is to have a single database for keeping orders and customer info and processing their payments--this when orders and information are received offline. It is time consuming to add the customer data with all the clicks that are needed and then to search and add each item to a cart, etc.

An awesome solution would be a generic order page, where everything is inputted at the same time:
1) Customer bill/ship information
2) Item numbers, description/title, and cost (for simplicity sake, no need to link item numbers with catalog items), just a simply order form that will have a total.
3) With a single click, process the credit card.

Just an idea for people with online store and physical stores or trade show sales. This would allow the central storage and processing of customer orders and payments--with speed and efficiency.

What do you folks think?

kate

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by "have a single database"  (perhaps a single table?)

Thanks for sharing your ideas anyway.

It sounds like something you can add yourself if you wanted it.

--Kate

bubba64

What I mean by single database is: I have some customer orders received offline (paper Purchase Orders (POs) that will go into quickbooks and online orders that will stay in the konakart db. If it were faster to enter in written (paper/PO) orders, I would love to use the konakart system exclusively for individual customer orders as opposed to have data in two separate systems.

Just a thought that sounds great in my setup. Perhaps it is something I need to get going on if you have never had this request before.

heidi

Thanks again for sharing that requirement.

You may be better off writing that yourself so that it can be tailored specifically to your needs.  You have all the API calls at your disposal to record all the necessary data from your large quick entry form...   

I can see the point of your idea.  If others care to contribute their thoughts on this possible new feature - please repsond to this thread.

We'll think about the idea in general for the next release.

Heidi