• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

How to change to InnoDB

Started by kans, April 24, 2009, 10:04:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kans

I am new to Konakart and would like to install this software in the Linux OS/MySQL DB.  I read in the documentation that MySQL should be using InnoDB.  But I checked with the Hosting Provider and they mentioned that their MySQL DB uses MyISAM by default and hence cannot be changed globally to InnoDB.  However the suggestion from their side was to manually alter all tables like "alter table Table1 Engine=InnoDB"

Is the above correct?  If so, where do I get the list of all tables that I should be altering for this?  If there are any other easier options als7o, please let me know.

Thanks.

heidi

You only need the InnoDB mode if you need support for transactions.  I don't know what stage you're up to with your KonaKart project but maybe it's OK for you to proceed without transactions for a while?    but... sooner or later you will no doubt want to use transactions so I suppose you may as well convert now...

It's certainly a lot easier to set InnoDB as the default for your database and just run the installer.

In your current position the alter table suggestion should do the trick... or maybe you have some friendly MySQL Admin tools that would make it even easier to do?

Look at the konakart_empty.sql script.  This one would be a good one to edit to alter all the tables.

-- Heidi