• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Which db script for installation?

Started by craig, April 20, 2009, 05:32:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

craig

Which database script (or scripts) should I execute to create the database if I don't want any of the demo data? The manual installation FAQ only mentions konakart_demo.sql. The other installation FAQ just says that you can run the scripts or the installer can run the scripts but it doesn't say which scripts. It seems like the installer runs konakart_demo.sql. I tried running konakart_empty.sql against a database created by konakart_demo.sql but it seems like that deleted too much (I got an error on startup).

heidi

Hi Craig,

You have a few options..

You could just run konakart_demo.sql and then remove the data you don't want in the Admin App.  This is probably the easiest option.

You could modify konakart_demo.sql so that it doesn't load things you don't want.  Proceed with more caution :-)

You could run konakart_new_store.sql - but first you'll have to change "TARGET_STORE" for "store1" in that file.  This creates a minimalist store - with user store1-admin@konakart.com pwd: princess.   (This file isn't designed for this purpose, it's something for the Enterprise Extensions).

I would take the first option.

--Heidi

craig

Okay, I'll try the first one. It seems like there ought to be a better way. I would assume that every user at some point is going to need a database without the demo data so they can begin populating their real data.

trevor

Option 1 will only take you a few mins. Instead of deleting the products 1 by 1, just delete the categories.