• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Upgrading Best Practices

Started by bubba64, February 27, 2009, 03:20:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bubba64

1) Is there a suggested plan of action for upgrading any jsp changes between versions. We started using KonaKart with 2.2.6 and want to move to the 3.2.0.0 version. I see the scripts for the database changes, but when one makes changes to the jsp's involved is there an easier way to take advantage of any additions/fixes without running diff programs on each file?

And

2) Unrelated to upgrading--I'm excited to see FedEx shipping has been integrated with 3.2, are there any plans to integrate UPS or USPS (United States Postal Service) in future releases? For book sellers, USPS is an important shipping option.

kate

Quote1) Is there a suggested plan of action for upgrading any jsp changes between versions. We started using KonaKart with 2.2.6 and want to move to the 3.2.0.0 version. I see the scripts for the database changes, but when one makes changes to the jsp's involved is there an easier way to take advantage of any additions/fixes without running diff programs on each file?

It's difficult to say what's best in all cases.  Since the APIs should be backwards compatible, you may find that you don't want to or need to change your JSPs at all - if you don't have any bugs and don't need the new features.  On the other hand, if you haven't made many JSP changes you may want to diff your changes with the orginal 2.2.6.0 versions and re-apply these to the new 3.2.0.0 versions as appropriate.   If you've made substantial changes to the 2.2.6.0 JSPs and you want the new features and bug fixes in the 3.2.0.0 JSPs, I dont know any alternative but to diff your JSPs.

Quote2) Unrelated to upgrading--I'm excited to see FedEx shipping has been integrated with 3.2, are there any plans to integrate UPS or USPS (United States Postal Service) in future releases? For book sellers, USPS is an important shipping option.

There is already a UPS shipping module included.

--Kate