• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Latest KonaKart (3.2.0.0) printing invoice and packing slip bug

Started by xzistance, February 20, 2009, 12:42:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

xzistance

Hey guys-

We recently upgraded our Konakart to the latest version and are getting a bug when trying to print an Order Invoice and Packing Slip.

On the printed page it just shows:

[object HTML TableElement]

Are you guys having that problem at all or is there a place you can point me in the right direction to fix?
Thanks,
Andy

chekmate

I can verify this.

In Konakart 2.2.6.0, when you would open up an invoice from the Orders page and hit print, the __printingFrame iframe would fill with the invoice HTML for printing. I could see this by using javascript to open up the iframe.

In Konakart 3.2.0.0, there is no invoice HTML source code. In IE, it displays "[object]" and in Firefox it displays "[object HTML TableElement]".

It doesn't seem as if the .vm template files have changed significantly, so I'm guessing it is something else. Any help would be appreciated. We have a client that was relying upon this functionality when it worked in the previous version of Konakart. Thanks.

chekmate

Is there a reason why there's been no response to this issue? Or if it's not an issue, shouldn't there be a polite informing as such?

Releasing a version of a product that breaks working functionality seems to be a major misstep, and deserves acknowledgment of the issue at the very least, and a solution or promise of one would be nice too! >:(

julie

As far as I'm aware, this is a community forum, not a help desk. Any replies you receive in this forum are unofficial and are provided for free by the KonaKart community.

I've just been on your web site and noticed that you guys charge $300 / hour for consultancy and $15,000 for a marketing plan. Strange how you can do that but still demand free software and free support  ???

Mike

If anyone is interested, there is a simple Javascript fix for this problem available at http://www.webwrights.co.uk/konakart/print_problem_fix.html

It just involves a modification to the Velocity templates. Easy to remove when the bug is actually fixed.

Enjoy

Mike

trevor

Thanks Mike.

However the fix has been available for weeks. Take a look at one of our patch releases http://www.konakart.com/downloads/patch-releases .

Mike

Oh well, look on the plus side, I know where to find the patches now ;)

Brian

:-)   Sorry about that but thanks anyway for sharing your work.