• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Multi-store configuration

Started by brianr, February 19, 2009, 06:35:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brianr

Hi all,

The new multi-store capability in the latest version is a good start for us but we're wondering if it is possible for products to be shared between stores. I.e. I'd like to setup a Canadian store with and a separate US-branded store selling the same items. Looking at the current DB schema it seems that each product is linked to a single store only. If you added an association table linking products to stores then we can decide who sells what in any combination...or is there some other way?

Also, we'd like the option of setting independent US/CDN prices or having a single price and others derived via the exchange rates.

Thanks,
Brian

trevor

QuoteThe new multi-store capability in the latest version is a good start for us but we're wondering if it is possible for products to be shared between stores. I.e. I'd like to setup a Canadian store with and a separate US-branded store selling the same items. Looking at the current DB schema it seems that each product is linked to a single store only. If you added an association table linking products to stores then we can decide who sells what in any combination...or is there some other way?

At the moment, we can share customers between stores but not products. It looks like you'd like to share products but not customers ? To share all products should be a relatively simple functionality addition (in the same way that we share customers). To be able to decide which products apply to which store, is a more complicated modification but certainly feasible with an association table as you mention in your post.

QuoteAlso, we'd like the option of setting independent US/CDN prices or having a single price and others derived via the exchange rates.

For the next release we've just implemented multi-currency so that a customer can view prices in the currency of his choice which are calculated using an exchange rate. In the current release each product can be associated with up to 4 prices which are picked out depending on what group a customer belongs to. It should be relatively easy to add an enhancement to make the default price configurable so that the default price for the US store could be price1 and for the Canadian store price2. I assume that this mechanism is preferable to calculating all prices through an exchange rate, since it gives more flexibility to price things differently depending on the country ?

brianr

"To share all products should be a relatively simple functionality addition"

Sounds good, is this something we can do or do we need to wait for a new release?