• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

creating the war file

Started by miketelem, February 09, 2009, 06:40:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

miketelem

How can I create a war file that is not intended to run in a portal ?

10x

miketelem

Thanks Heidi !
I've been going through these instruction before as well but it seems that  not everything is acting as expected...:(
Ive manages to bypass the "cant find tools.jar" issue by copying it from my bea instalation(hopefully thats ok) but now the ant says it cant find the build file. "Buildfile: build.xml does not exist!"
I just downloaded the manual Konakart installation file, was I supposed to create this build file?

I appreciate your help...

mike

heidi

You need to follow the instructions more carefully.

Are you in the custom directory when you issue the ant command?

You don't need to download the manual installation kit or create any build files.

-Heidi

miketelem

Yes I am in the custom directory, Although the ant files are in the custom\bin.
Is the build.xml already supposed to be there ?

I have been following instructions and trying a dozen times before I have reached total frustration and wrote to you... :'( :'(

What now?

heidi

Quoting the instructions in the User Guide that I pointed you to earlier:

"An ant build file (build.xml) can be found at the root of the custom directory"

If there's no build file there, perhaps you've deleted it ?

-Heidi

miketelem

Heidi, thanks for not giving up...The file was not there and was not deleted but i did find it in the original zip i downloaded. oddly enough, putting it in the custom folder was not sufficient and i made progress only when i copied it to the custom\bin directory. now i get a web.xml cannot be found.
konakart\custom\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\web.xml does not exist.
the thing is that there is no custom\webapps folder!!!
I looked at my working Konakart installation, the one i installed using the wizard, and there is no custom\webapps folder there either !?!

Any ideas ?

Mike