• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

source code access

Started by gabrielpadurean, January 24, 2009, 09:59:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gabrielpadurean

Hi all,

We are developing a custom web application for selling products based on konakart.
Unfortunately our client has a lot of custom features that he wants to implement and our conclusion is that
it may be necessary to add new fields for the product class (this is just an example). But the source code for the
core of konakart is not available or at least this is what I understood.

So this is kind of a big issue for us and we need some guidance.
Is there in any possibility to buy the source code?
what your advice would be?

one solution that I cand think right now is that we could wrap the objects we need and add new fields for the wrappers or extend and override the behavior, but I think it is a too complicated solution for us (the time is limited)

it there a solution to buy support from konkart? would that help us?

thanks a lot
gabi

heidi

Hi,

Under certain special circumstances we do sell the source code, but we discourage this.

We prefer to help customers satisfy their requirements using the core engine APIs so that they are able to upgrade easily in the future to take advantage of new enhancements and bug fixes in KonaKart.  When people buy and modify the core engine source code they can easily end up on a unique branch of their own code and will find it extremely difficult to upgrade to new releases.. it's certainly a higher-risk upgrade task.

Yes, you can buy support packages from KonaKart.  See http://www.konakart.com/support.php

Yes, with a support package we would be able to help you achieve your goals especially if you don't have much time available.

Heidi

trevor

Hello,

If you are thinking about fields such as those that you would need to compare a mobile phone (no colours, pixel size for camera etc.) then the way we suggest doing that is to add them all to an XML document where the tag name is the option and to save this in the comparison attribute of the product. In this way you are saving structured data that can easily be used to compare multiple products ( http://www.konakart.com/forum/index.php/topic,394.0.html ).

Another way could be to save your data in a custom table linked to the product table and to customize the API to get this data.

gabrielpadurean

ok.
I've made an idea
thanks a lot for your quick answers

gabi