• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Making HttpSession available in an API Call

Started by unic1988, January 16, 2009, 12:05:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

unic1988

Hello,

I need to get some Information about the actual user in an API Call even if the user is not logged in. I don't need to know what the users name is or something like that but I want to check his HttpSession to figure out if he was looking to the site befor.

My Problem is, that the KKAppEng that calls the KKCustomEng is saved in the HttpSession, so I don't know how to pass some Information from the HttpSession resp. the actions to the KKCustomEng.

Another possibility would be to make some more dataelements in the KKCustomEng and use them as attributes for the actual user, but I don't know if the KKCustomEng gets initialized everytime an action is performed or if it exists the same period of time as the Session and the KKAppEng.

So my Problem is that I can not identify an user in an API Call if the user is not logged in, but it is very important for me to do that. Does anyone have an idea how to solve that Problem?

unic1988

Ok I played around a bit with the KKCustomEng and found out that its instantiated everytime a new Session starts. I tested it a while and it seems, that the KKCustomEng has the same lifetime as the HttpSession, but im not sure and I need to be sure, so is anyone there who can tell me if I am right or not?