• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Shopping Cart question

Started by Gerob, January 13, 2009, 05:45:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerob

Hi,

I am creating a website for my uncle who makes custom wood pens.  I am trying to find a shopping cart program for him that will enable him to do the following.  I am wondering if Konakart is able to do this with minimal customization.  He is not a programmer by any means.  I will be helping him as I have more knowledge of Javascript but I'm not highly experienced with it yet.

1.  Create a options menu for his pens in this order - 'style of pen (ballpoint, fountain etc.), hardware type/quality, wood type, finish type, and finally if they want a wooden case for it and if so what type of wood for the case.

2. Have images visible or linked to each of these options. eg. showing the woods and finishes for the customer to choose from, case styles etc.

3. Take all these options and put them under one shopping cart entry payable by Paypal.  With quantity option as well.

4. Create customer accounts that store the shipping info, order history etc.

Looking forward to hearing if this software is capable of doing this.

Thanks,
Gerob

Brian

Hi Gerob,

KonaKart can handle all of those requirements with some customization work - but it's all customization of source code that is supplied in the download package.

To be perfectly honest with you, to be successful with these sorts of small KonaKart customizations, it's highly-advantageous to be familiar with java/JSPs/Struts.   If you don't know java very well, this may not be the ideal product for you to choose.

Regards,
Brian