• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Infinite Checkout

Started by asr, January 11, 2009, 02:13:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

asr

Konakartians,
I am facing an issue with checkout.

I have added few products into the cart and executed a checkout. On this an error was add in the log file that default customer is not present and I need to add a default customer from admin app.

I did that and I dont see the error in the log but the checkout becomes infinite and the anticlock image keeps on running in a never ending mode.

I have also visited following link and understood the need of Default Customer http://www.konakart.com/configurationfaq.php#What_is_a_default_customer_

Any clue of what is wrong and is this the right design of having a default customer into the system  ::).

--
Cherio
ASR

trevor

Having or not having a default customer should have no effect on the functionality of the loading of the One Page Checkout code which gets loaded when you see the animated gif. I suspect that something has gone wrong with your installation.

One thing you could try is to configure the application in the admin app to not use One Page Checkout. In this way it will use JSPs for checkout.

asr

This problem is not yet solved but when I tried to follow your trevor's instructions I identified another problem. The problem is I am not able to see admin login page itself and the same never ending animated anticlock gif appears.

I restarted tomcat multiple times, checked my db, even cleared tomcat work directory but still cant get the admin login screen.

Any clue on this as well. I wonder when I am facing so many issues initially how many will be encountered in production environment. I guess these issues should not lead me to changing Konakart to something else.

Please help.

--
Cherio
ASR

trevor

QuoteKonakartians,
I have manually deployed Konakart and KonakartAdmin application under an existing tomcat 5.5. and have even created a DB named konakart in an existing MySQL 5.

I was able to login using admin@konakart.com/princess but after deleting exising customers from admin application I am unable to login using admin@konakart.com.

It looks like that yesterday you could see it. It's difficult for us to know what you've done. Until you are familiar with KonaKart I'd suggest that you use our installer.

asr

Okay let me tell you what exactly I have done.

I had an existing tomcat 5.5 (running on 8080) and MySQL 5.0 installed and I wanted to use the existing setup instead of reinstalling everything using installer. The reason is I want to integrate Konakart with an existing application running in Tomcat.

Now the way I installed konakart from the downloaded zipped version is by copying konakart, konakartadmin, birt-viewer from webapps directory to my existing tomcat webapps directory. Then I created a database under my existing MySQL and executed konakart_demo.sql found in database directory.

I did customize configuration in konakart.properties and konakartadmin.properties and even changed configuration in adminapp and things were working as per my requirements.

But suddenly today everything stopped working accept the konkart application (without checkout).

So let me know if this helps you to understand what I did to install Konakart. Let me know, if you need any more information.

--
Cherio
ASR