• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

send emails as buyer

Started by gabrielpadurean, December 17, 2008, 10:04:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gabrielpadurean

hi,

my question is: it is possible that a user (buyer) to send an email? is there this email sending functionality available not only in konakartadmin application.
my use case is something like this: a client should be able to request for a product's price by sending an email to some email recipient from the product's details page.
I would be interested in allowing the user to fill in his email address where he wants to receive the replay and after filling this in he should click a button like "send request" which sends an email to some email address like "support@myspecialstore.com".

or something similar that could be useful...or should I look for a workaroung? :)

thanks for your time,
gabi

julie

Hi,

We don't supply this functionality in our demo app but it is easy enough to implement and doesn't involve the KonaKart engine.

You could do it using Struts (since this would fit in with the rest of the application), or a quick and ready way of doing it could be directly from a JSP.

gabrielpadurean

I think the solution with doing it directly in the jsp would be ok at this moment....
...I suppose it involves using some classes in kkart for sending the email?
...is there a place to look for this?

thanks a lot,
gabi

julie

You could directly use the Java mail APIs or if you'd like to go through the KonaKart engine you could register a customer as support@myspecialstore.com and then use the sendTemplateEmailToCustomer1() API call to send it to this customer which in reality is you.

gabrielpadurean

ok....I think I understand and I like the solution... also appreciate your answers...thanks a lot