• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Admin order editing

Started by xzistance, December 10, 2008, 11:00:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

xzistance

Hey Guys-

I'm trying to verify a few questions I'm having about the KonaKart Admin side of the application.

Can you edit an order's items after it's been purchased? A client of ours needs the ability to add/remove items and/or change item quantities. Is this possible other than creating a Custom Panel page?

Is there a built-in way via the UI to manage the order statuses? I know they're in the database and that's easily editable, but I'm wondering if this functionality is possible via the current UI.

There doesn't seem to be a specific field for a tracking number once an order is shipped. I'm surprised this didn't make the application. I think we'll be able to get around it by putting something like: "Tracking Number: 1234567890" in to the comments field. I think it'd be a pretty useful addition, however.

Thanks for your help in advance!

trevor

Hi,

QuoteCan you edit an order's items after it's been purchased? A client of ours needs the ability to add/remove items and/or change item quantities. Is this possible other than creating a Custom Panel page?

The way to do this is to login to the application as the customer from the admin app and do a repeat order which places all of the items of the original order into the basket and creates a new order that you can modify. In this way you can change the state of the original order to a custom state that you have defined and you keep a complete audit trail.

QuoteIs there a built-in way via the UI to manage the order statuses? I know they're in the database and that's easily editable, but I'm wondering if this functionality is possible via the current UI.

Yes, under localizations.

QuoteThere doesn't seem to be a specific field for a tracking number once an order is shipped. I'm surprised this didn't make the application. I think we'll be able to get around it by putting something like: "Tracking Number: 1234567890" in to the comments field. I think it'd be a pretty useful addition, however.

An order has 5 custom fields. You should use one of those.

xzistance

Thanks Trevor, that was very helpful.

My only question is about using the custom field(s) for an Order. Where can I add data to the custom field(s) via the Admin App?

I only see an ability to edit the status, put in a note, and a checkbox to notify customer or not.

Is this something that would have to be done via a custom panel?

Thanks again. Cheers!

trevor

The editOrder API call allows you to edit the custom fields. We envisaged the tracking number to be set programatically by the program that handles the shipping .

If you want to set it manually in the Admin app then you will need a custom panel.

However if the idea is just to have it in the order so that an eMail gets sent out and the customer can see it, then you may as well use the comment field when you change the state to "shipped".

xzistance

Cool. Yea, the comment field seems to make the most sense for us.

Thanks for your help Trevor.