• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

about UPS Shipping Module

Started by jingdewang, November 16, 2008, 04:29:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jingdewang

Hi,

Being a newbie of UPS Shipping, I found it's difficult to understand the configuration about the UPS Shipping Module. Is there any docs about it?

any help is appreciated.

wjd

pete

Hi,

Take a look at the source code under KonaKart\custom\modules\src\com\konakart\bl\modules\shipping\ups since it is commented and may provide you with the information you need. Also, in the admin app where it is configured, each configuration attribute has yellow float-over text containing a summary of its usage.

jingdewang

Hi, Pete
Thanks for help.
How can I get a test UPS Access License Number / UserID / Password? Should I apply it from UPS?
Jingde

greg

Hi Jingde,
Yes - you have to go to UPS for that.
Greg

jingdewang

jingdewang

Hi,

The UPS Access License Number / UserId and Password were achieved from UPS.

And I got the following error message:

java.lang.Exception: There has been an error returned from UPS for the request :

<?xml version="1.0" ?><AccessRequest xml:lang='en-US'><AccessLicenseNumber>1C3502E570B52194</AccessLicenseNumber><UserId>wjdtest</UserId><Password>123456a</Password></AccessRequest><?xml version="1.0" ?>RatingServiceSelectionRequest><Request><RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction><RequestOption>Shop</RequestOption></Request><Shipment><Shipper><Address><PostalCode>91746</PostalCode><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></Address></Shipper><ShipTo><Address><AddressLine1>1 Way Street</Addre
ssLine1><City>Los angeles</City><PostalCode>10025</PostalCode><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></Address></ShipTo><ShipFrom><Address><PostalCode>91746</PostalCode><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></Address></ShipFrom><Package><PackagingType><Code>00</Code></PackagingType><PackageWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>KGS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>12.0</Weight></PackageWeight></Package></Shipment></RatingServiceSelectionRequest>
The error details are :
Severity = Hard
Code = 111057
Description = This measurement system is not valid for the selected country.

at com.konakart.bl.modules.shipping.ups.Ups.getQuotesFromUPS(Unknown Source)

What does this mean?

Thanks.

Jingde

pete

It means that Americans use Pounds and not Kilograms.

jingdewang