• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Multiple Shipping Addresses?

Started by ReLLiK75, November 13, 2008, 08:58:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ReLLiK75

I'm trying to figure out how to implement a different shipping address per line items in the shopping cart.  In my UI, I support being able to select a different shipping address address for each item in the cart.  The only way I can see that may work is to use one of the custom fields on the Basket object and assign an Address object to it.  No problem here.  What I'm confused about is the Order object that insists an order can only have one shipping address.  The default functionality bases all shipping assumptions on the fact that the order is going to a single address.  So aside from using a custom field on the Basket object to store an Address, is there another way within the KonaKart framework to implement such functionality so that the shipping modules will work correctly?

Thanks!
Wayne

pete

The custom field that you use on the basket item should be propagated to the OrderProduct which resides on the Order. Then you will have to customize the shipping module that you are using to calculate the shipping based on multiple addresses.