• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Mulitple pictures?

Started by yuanja, September 04, 2007, 02:57:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

yuanja

Hi there, this app has everything I wanted.  i am pleased that things just work right out of the box.  Good job.

How can I add muliple pictures for a product?  I looked at the schema and it seems that it's not supported out of the box.  I might have to add extensions to the data model to support it.  But how do I customize the app to handle it?

Thanks
James.

trevor

Hi James,

Probably the easiest way to do this is to use the custom fields to store the filenames of the other images.  There are 5 custom fields on product for you to use as you wish.

These custom fields are returned/updated by the KonaKart APIs just as the others are, so you use them in the same way as the other attributes in the app.   Therefore I would look at the way the app uses prod.getImage() and make the necessary changes to use prod.getCustom1() or whatever is appropriate for your needs.

(There are similar custom attributes available on other objects such as customer, order, manufacturer etc.  They can all be maintained via the KonaKart Admin APIS - and also by using the KonaKart admin App).

Good luck,

Trevor