• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

foering country shipping prices.

Started by Mintxela, September 29, 2008, 07:17:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mintxela

Hi all, lets see if you can help me....

There is any way to set a different shipping price if the destination is in other countrie?

Thanks all....

pete

Take a look at the Zones shipping module that is included in the download package.

Mintxela

Ok, I tried with "Table Rate", "zones".... but seems that just one zone can be created. In my case I need at least 4 zones.

1º Spain-----Free
2º Portugal & France -------x,xx
3º Rest of Europe-----x,xx
4º .......................

I'm doing something wrong???

pete

I'm afraid that for this shipping module you have to enter the other countries using a database script. As you can see from the source code and from the DB, the configuration variables are called MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_COUNTRIES_X , MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_COST_X, MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_HANDLING_X where X is an incrementing number. The admin app inserts _1 and so you must insert _2, _3 etc.

ryanlynch

So I need to manually go into the database and add more Zone shipping modules?? I saw something in the User Guide about a Zones.properties file, however I cannot find this file in my webapps directory... Also, one of my zones needs to be simply "International" -- therefore I cannot assign it to a single country... is there a way to do this without doing surgery on the code??

Thanks!

Brian

Yes, you're right - it's explained in the User Guide under Configuring the Zones Shipping Module.  Basically, you set the number of zones you want, restart the Admin App and it will create the necessary records in the database.
You'll have to look inside the konakart_shipping_zones.jar to see the Zones.properties file... or look under your custom source tree at "C:\\Program Files\\KonaKart\\custom\\modules\\src\\com\\konakartadmin\\modules\\shipping\\zones" on Windows

For Internatonal..  look in com.konakart.bl.modules.shipping.zones.Zones.java around line 165.  You could assume that unrecognised countries are "International" and apply your chosen rules for those.

--Brian

Mintxela

Ok, This is one of the table-rates I have created.
2:25.40,6:28.88,10:34.27

So in this case if each product=1kg if I buy 7 products the shipping price should be 28.80. right?
Do not why but is not change during the shopping.

Mintxela

Ok, I forgot to set product_weight in admins products setting-page.
SOLVED!!