• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Multi-Currency Support

Started by kunal, September 18, 2008, 08:51:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kunal

I want multi-currency support for my site, where according to users country the currency will be shown. i.e. for U.K client its £ and for US client its $.

does KonaKart support this feature.

Thanks in Advance...

ryan

Hi,

Will the transaction always be completed in a single currency or will the transaction currency actually change depending on the country ?

kunal

The transaction currency will be the same through out the site. Just the display for the client will be dependent on his country.

ryan

At what point do you want to show the real amount that the customer will be paying ? Maybe in the checkout confirmation screen ?

kunal

It Doesn't matter if the user sees the same currency through out the transaction process. But only while processing the default currency will be taken care of.

ryan

Doesn't this mean that your customer will be charged a different amount to what he thinks he'll be paying, since you don't know the conversion rate that the credit card company will use ?

kunal

We are going to let the user know that he has to pay the amount according to our Default currency and the exchange rate will be applicable as per there credit card provider.

ryan

If that's the case, I'd say that the best place to do the conversion is in the JSP layer since it is just for visualization purposes. For example you could substitute the function we use :

<%=kkEng.formatPrice(prod.getPriceIncTax())%> with your own function that does formatting and conversion.

kunal

yes i agree but for formatting or conversion does there any support/DB tables in KonaKart??? IF no then can i customize the table structure of KonaKart DB.

Brian

The currency table has exchange rates which you can use.... and a way to define the currency format.

kunal